Highlighted

How does TypeKit sync work?

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing that TypeKit fonts aren't actually being installed on my machine. So: how does the sync thing really work? I'm curious as to how can every app on my computer - including non-Adobe stuff - can see and use the fonts.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How does TypeKit sync work?

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing that TypeKit fonts aren't actually being installed on my machine. So: how does the sync thing really work? I'm curious as to how can every app on my computer - including non-Adobe stuff - can see and use the fonts.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are working with hidden files in the user library. For Id packaging the TT fonts are also hidden in the Document fons folder.

Haeme Ulrich

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

This document has a FAQ that might help answer questions: http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1189216-coming-soon-syncing-fonts-to-your-desktop

Here's an excerpt:

“You won’t need to download and manage any files. The Creative Cloud application will automatically install the fonts in the appropriate location depending on the operating system. While your subscription is active, the fonts you sync will be available for use in the font menu from any of your desktop applications.”

So, the fonts are installed on your machine but it is handled in the background by the CC app. I hope this helps. Feel free to drop us a line at: support@typekit.com with any further questions.

Cheers,

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ moved to the Early Access forum - please comply with your NDA ]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines