How to avoid duplicate files in creative cloud when moving files to different path

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm new to Adobe and ran into trouble with the Adobe Creative Cloud. I have all my files in the Cloud and am working on two laptops. When I move a file to a different path and later on work on my other laptop, then I have the file in the new directory but also in the old directory. As a result I have two identical files the other machine, both in the source and the destination folder, as if I copied the file instead of moving it. Everything looks okay on the machine where I moved the file, the duplicate only shows up on the second laptop. 

Exactly the same happens when I rename a file, so I end up having two identical files in the same path, both with the old and the new label. Lastly, when I delete files, they are not deleted from the other machine. 

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to avoid duplicate files in creative cloud when moving files to different path

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm new to Adobe and ran into trouble with the Adobe Creative Cloud. I have all my files in the Cloud and am working on two laptops. When I move a file to a different path and later on work on my other laptop, then I have the file in the new directory but also in the old directory. As a result I have two identical files the other machine, both in the source and the destination folder, as if I copied the file instead of moving it. Everything looks okay on the machine where I moved the file, the duplicate only shows up on the second laptop. 

Exactly the same happens when I rename a file, so I end up having two identical files in the same path, both with the old and the new label. Lastly, when I delete files, they are not deleted from the other machine. 

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 19, 2020 1

Have something to add?