Highlighted

How to delete files from cloud without deleting from all devices.

New Here ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be coming up quite often in the forum, but I've not been able to find an answer.

I'm on the Photography plan and have 20gb of storage. I find that really useful for tossing in recent items for editing on the go with Lightroom CC on other devices or on my mobile.... But when I'm done with that batch, I want to free up the space in my cloud storage and keep the local copies. The only way I'm finding I can do this is to archive them and remove from from my catalog so Lightroom doesn't mangle them all.... This doesn't seem like a really great workflow.

I'm sure Adobe would love for me to upgrade to the 1TB option, but I've already got on and offsite backup solutions. I don't really have THAT much need to go back to old photos and re-edit from my phone... so this doesn't seem like the best option for me.

Is there any way to remove the cloud files without it removing them from all of my devices without me having to turn off syncing entirely or removing photos from my catalog to stop the sync service from deleting locally as well?

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to delete files from cloud without deleting from all devices.

New Here ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be coming up quite often in the forum, but I've not been able to find an answer.

I'm on the Photography plan and have 20gb of storage. I find that really useful for tossing in recent items for editing on the go with Lightroom CC on other devices or on my mobile.... But when I'm done with that batch, I want to free up the space in my cloud storage and keep the local copies. The only way I'm finding I can do this is to archive them and remove from from my catalog so Lightroom doesn't mangle them all.... This doesn't seem like a really great workflow.

I'm sure Adobe would love for me to upgrade to the 1TB option, but I've already got on and offsite backup solutions. I don't really have THAT much need to go back to old photos and re-edit from my phone... so this doesn't seem like the best option for me.

Is there any way to remove the cloud files without it removing them from all of my devices without me having to turn off syncing entirely or removing photos from my catalog to stop the sync service from deleting locally as well?

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?