Highlighted

How to delete files from Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to CC.

Could you please provide step-by-step instructions on how to delete files from CC?

Thanks

Hi Nikao,

Here are instructions for deleting files
Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Please let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks,

- Dave

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to delete files from Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to CC.

Could you please provide step-by-step instructions on how to delete files from CC?

Thanks

Hi Nikao,

Thanks,

- Dave

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikao,

Thanks,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you select more than one file at a time? to delete a bunch at once would take forever, one at a time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select multiple items in your Creative Cloud Files folder on your hard drive, and delete them from there. When you move them to your Trash, CC moves them to Archived items in your online storage.

To permanently delete multiple items from the Archive, click the checkbox at the top of the list, that selects all the checkboxes. Then un-check the ones you want to keep in the Archive, if any.

AM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I have not found a way to send multiple items to be archived to start deleting them. So is there a way to send multiple items to be archived from where I can delete them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no "select all"-checkbox 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select one file name, hold shift and click another item in the list and it will check every file proceeding it. Similar to selecting multiple files/photos on your desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered your question in this thread, hope it helps!

CJ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I wasn't the one with the question. I only answered it.
Either way, the assistance is appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I just reported.... Check the very top file, hold shift and check the very last, or whichever is the last. you can only do it by 1st to last, not sure about selecting individuals. but i imagine, if you want to be thhat selective, they shouldnt be in the trash. sometimes you have to think outside the box. 😛

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me, except for the fact that my "Deleted" folder has a ton of read-only files in it that aren't selectable. I've deleted everything except those in my deleted folder - but how do I get rid of the read-only files? My guess is that they were from shared libraries that I've left (or deleted, presumably), but I can't get rid of them. Can you help with deleting read-only files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, some of my files (a lot in facts) in my deleted folder can't be permanently deleted, I don't know why, do you have an idea ?

Thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you delete all of your files on your computer, it syncs with the creative cloud, and deletes them in the cloud also, then the files are put in essentially the creative cloud trashcan.  The exact name is "Deleted" Tab, along with Files, Libraries, Published, Shared with you, and finally "deleted". On the left side of the screen, after you go into your creative cloud web. 

Much like others here I could only delete one item at a time since there is no "select all" option. However if you basicaly checkmark the first item, then hold shift and checkmark the last item, or a few items later, it does select all inbetween, the way that it would on a desktop, its not intuitive that it would would that on the web version of creative cloud, however that does permanently delete "deleted" items so that you can clear up space for additional items.

Hope this helps!

CJ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Solution!

Check the very top file, hold shift and check the very last, or whichever is the last. you can only do it by 1st to last, not sure about selecting individuals. but i imagine, if you want to be thhat selective, they shouldnt be in the trash. Sometimes you have to think outside the box. 😛

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines