• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep files on cloud after deleting them form my PC folder?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried to figure it out by myself but didn't work. Maybe someone here has some idea?

Every completed file I save into my CC folder which is constantly synchronised. It's great. But after deleting them from CC folder on my PC they disappear from cloud too. Is there any way to stop it? Hoe to keep files on cloud without keeping them on PC as well?

I am considering switching synchronisation off and doing manual upload to the cloud but it's the last option to use. Maybe I could move uploaded files to different location on the cloud or whatever else to keep images only there?

Thank you for any help.

Kind regards.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The aim of the cloud is to have the cloud and your disk synchronized. So if you delete a file, it gets removed also from the cloud. That is how I expect it to work.

If you want it as a kind of disk saver, I think it's a bad idea as local disks are not that expensive, except if you are on a system that is not expandable.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering my question.

Yes, external drives are cheap and I use them. Just want to keep copy on the cloud just in case. Fire, theft, earthquake or whatever else can happen. But now if I want to use 1TB space on CC I also need to use 1TB on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

magdalenak47249338  wrote

But now if I want to use 1TB space on CC I also need to use 1TB on my PC.

If you have 1TB of data: yes. I have 100Gb+ so I need 100Gb+ space on my hard disk. But I use it as a collaboration tool...sending data across the universe...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines