How to permanently disable all CC services aside from the actual apps??? /WHY AM I FORCED TO SYNC?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally only need Photoshop & Illustrator. I don’t want the "cloud." (ew... we have macs for that). I don’t want anything to do with Adobe services aside from these two apps. I actually wish I didn't want anything to do with Adobe generally lol. I am a student and have the cheapest CC $9.99/month option… I can’t afford to actually buy individual apps.

Creative Cloud is a nightmare with all this shyt I don't need or care about ... "core sync," “core sync helper,” “desktop service," "CC library," "CCX process," "creative cloud helper” … the list goes on and on and it is clogging up my CPU on my wimpy “to go” MacBook Air (rather than my iMac//office computer). These services will not go away, and when I force quit them on the activity monitor they come back up within 1 minute... Insane... Feeling violated...

I have changed the settings to not launch automatically on restart, and yet it still does. I’ve turned off everything in preferences but it is still telling me that I’ve “paused” my “file syncing” … Ew. What am I even syncing… I just want to use photoshop and illustrator. I DON’T WANT TO SYNC ANYTHING, I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH CREATIVE CLOUD OTHERWISE!!! PLEASE HELP ME I HATE THIS SO MUCH!!!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to permanently disable all CC services aside from the actual apps??? /WHY AM I FORCED TO SYNC?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally only need Photoshop & Illustrator. I don’t want the "cloud." (ew... we have macs for that). I don’t want anything to do with Adobe services aside from these two apps. I actually wish I didn't want anything to do with Adobe generally lol. I am a student and have the cheapest CC $9.99/month option… I can’t afford to actually buy individual apps.

Creative Cloud is a nightmare with all this shyt I don't need or care about ... "core sync," “core sync helper,” “desktop service," "CC library," "CCX process," "creative cloud helper” … the list goes on and on and it is clogging up my CPU on my wimpy “to go” MacBook Air (rather than my iMac//office computer). These services will not go away, and when I force quit them on the activity monitor they come back up within 1 minute... Insane... Feeling violated...

I have changed the settings to not launch automatically on restart, and yet it still does. I’ve turned off everything in preferences but it is still telling me that I’ve “paused” my “file syncing” … Ew. What am I even syncing… I just want to use photoshop and illustrator. I DON’T WANT TO SYNC ANYTHING, I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH CREATIVE CLOUD OTHERWISE!!! PLEASE HELP ME I HATE THIS SO MUCH!!!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK you are Not Forced to Sync anything. You can Turn off the sync feature in the CC Desktop App.

2020-09-29 08_07_03-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0