Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove permanently CCFF on mac finder favorites sidebar? [Aug 2015]

Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone I am trying to remove Creative Cloud Files Folder shortcut to my finder favorites but every restart its coming back. Click on mouse right side and choosing remove from sidebar and its removed but every restart come back. Its really annoying. How to remove permanently?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Murat,

Please refer to : How do I remove the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder from my PC?

Regards,

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's for Windows. The OP is on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question about the reappearing sidebar shortcut—how can it be removed, permanently? And no, I do not want to disable file syncing...I just want the shortcut to disappear!?!?!?!? This is ridiculous. No matter how many times I remove the "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut favorite from OS X Finder sidebar, it keeps reappearing every time I restart my computer. Nothing short of malware. Please advise and provide a fix please. This began happening with the latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop for Mac. This should be a choice for users—not forced upon us. I rarely use Creative Cloud Files for much of anything, and I know where the folder is if I need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOt a PC issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution for that? I keep removing it from my sidebar but after every restart it's back there. I don't even use it, it's all off on settings.

Why in God's name can't I remove that?

Please fix your app on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a fix that has worked for me at least, restarted a couple of times and the intrusive, unwanted Favorite is gone from my Finder windows:

1. Remove the offensive Creative Cloud Files shortcut from the Finder window, just like you have to do every single time you restart

2. Make sure Creative Cloud sync is off (in Preferences). I also had it not even launch at login.

3. In the Finder menu, --> Go --> Go to Folder ... (or Command-G) and type in "~/Library/Preferences/"

4. Open the file com.adobe.accmac.plist, I used TextWrangler rather than TextEdit.

5. Find the line "<key>AHPreferenceFirstLaunch</key>", it was line 25 on mine

6. Change the line right below it from "<true/>" to "<false/>"

7. Save, exit, close all windows and restart.

Hope it works for everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

d0b3r‌ my .plist appears to be binary so it's not editable (easily) with a text editor.

Any other workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the latest update to Creative Cloud fixes this issue... hope it works for you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the 'Sync' option in Adobe Application Manager > Preferences > Creative Cloud > Files > Sync Off.

Then I deleted the Creative Cloud Files folder, and tried removing it from the sidebar, but nothing happened.

I then went into Finder preferences > Sidebar, and checked/unchecked a few different items, and when I looked back, Creative Cloud Files was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pidgin - That did it!!  Specifically, for me, it was toggling the "Downloads" folder on and off in Finder preferences > Sidebar (though I was tried a few others before that so maybe it was the combination).

Anyway, thank you. Now hoping that damn folder doesn't return after a restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh yes... that did it!

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

We appreciate your voice and provide the fix for the users in Mac OS and also Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 with the Creative Cloud 3.4.1.181 deployment. You could remove the shortcut from sidebar no matter file sync is on or off after you upgrade to Creative Cloud 3.4.1.181 and the shortcut will not return if computer was restarted.

We will keep improving our product for your voice.

Best Regards

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 3.4.3.189 and it still has the issue of not being able to remove it from the sidebar of finder.  OS X 10.11.2 Macbook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm using pidgin's fix above worked;

• Turned off File Sync in CC preferences
  • Deleted Creative Cloud Files folder
  • Opened Finder Preferences
  • Turned off my home folder as a favorite
  • Turned on my home folder as a favorite

..and Creative Cloud files was gone from sidebar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening again, and none of the solutions here work anymore. Does anyone know how to deal with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a fix for PC, not for OSX.

What is the fix for OSX?

Thank you,
M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@matthiasy9591481 

copy and paste a screenshot showing what your seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a folder that I can't delete and it's super anyoing me.
The link you posted is a solution for windows, not mac. This thread is about mac users.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 15.33.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about pidgin's solution:

I then went into Finder preferences > Sidebar, and checked/unchecked a few different items, and when I looked back, Creative Cloud Files was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the previous person posted:
"This just started happening again, and none of the solutions here work anymore. Does anyone know how to deal with it?"

I suggest you only reply if:
you have read the thread (it's about osx, not windows)
you read read the post (2015's solution don't work anymore in 2024)
you have a decent suggestion or solution.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @matthiasy9591481,

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're seeing. Can you please try holding the CMD button, click on the shortcut and choose remove from the sidebar and let us know if that helps? 

Check the screenshot below for more info:

Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 1.38.10 PM.png

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That I already did twice, but the link comes back every time I log back in my computer.
I want the link to be permanently removed.

Is there a solution for this?
Thank you.
M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. No other solutions working, the item simply keeps reappearing in my favorite sidebar regardless. Also on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines