• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop file syncing

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to sync files for backup to Creative Cloud. Files are not that large, but it is taking hours. I can only pause syncing, how do I stop it? I don't need the files backed up that badly.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

You only can stop all files or upload all files. No some large sizes ones. One thing you can do it's change your upload transfer seed if you like, that way CC ins't going to consume all your upload bandwith.

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 2.26.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iam having the same problem, I want to stop the syncing some large files and I do not see anyway to this.  Hope we can solve this problem. Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only can stop all files or upload all files. No some large sizes ones. One thing you can do it's change your upload transfer seed if you like, that way CC ins't going to consume all your upload bandwith.

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 2.26.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer the goddamn question. How do you stop the sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you got the ****** answer.

Creative Clooud App > Preferences > Files > Sync OFF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Thank you.

The reason that I got pissed off is that two people asked a very simple question (that turns out to have a very simple answer) andnot once, but twicethe answerer goes into a complicated answer that does not in any way address the question. This happens A LOT in these adobe communities, and it is frustrating as hell for the noobs.

David Cherry

3519 Penwood Way

Houston TX 77023

713-855-5089

To: David Cherry <davec521@att.net>

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 11:17 AM

Subject: How to stop file syncing

How to stop file syncing

created by Raimundo Illanes in File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration - View the full discussionHere you got the ****** answer. Creative Clooud App > Preferences > Files > Sync OFF If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8907032#8907032 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8907032#8907032 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is pausing the same thing?  Cause I'm still getting the "this file has been modified out of Illustrator..." message when saving, even though I have it paused - because I can't find a way to select "OFF"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tough luck, I'm very certain that they removed the option to turn sync off. The preferences tab deleted it for some reason, so we'll just have to deal with getting bombarded by huge gigabytes of files against our will. The fact that Adobe couldn't develop a "turn off" button astounds me to this very day. Just stick to pausing for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no "sync off" as a preference in September 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bkoski, you can pause syncing within the Creative Cloud desktop app.  When you click on the cloud icon, in the top right-hand corner, you can then toggle pause on and off.Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 7.45.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggle pausing it and it cuts back on later by itself. How do you STOP it. Absolutely unacceptable garbage. You cannot force people to upload their files to your servers Adobe. Fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Real Adobe READ THIS you are getting 56$ a month !!!! I'm Done with this Bull Crap!!!

Call me when you Stop Sync!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a year and a half later and Adobe is still forcing people to upload their files to their servers, and pay them to do it. Absolutely ridiculous and abysmal service, consider this has been on the radar for ages. It's clear this is a policy decision and they don't care. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines