Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't click on anything in creative cloud app

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've just upgraded to an M1 macbook pro and when I launch the creative cloud app I can't click on anything. It won't let me update apps, install apps etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Thank you Hans-Jürgen,
I did contact the support and they were able to help me the same way: They recommended using the Cleaner Tool and subsequently restarting the computer. After I had done this I reinstalled the Creative Cloud for M1 Macbook. I worked and now I am having fun with super-fast Photoshop.

I hope this might help others with the same issues.

Best regards, Karoline

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

I just struggled with this as well, and thanks to these messages, I found this page talking about the Cleaner! Go there and follow instructions...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same with me on a Mac mini M1. App freezes, force quit required. Reinstall didn't change anything. I've read in another post, that it started with BigSur 11.2.2. 

Kind regards

Hans-Juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I also tried uninstalling and a full reinstall but it didn't help!

Hopefully someone knows the answer

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hans and Paul, sorry you both are encountering a non-responsive Creative Cloud desktop app on the M1 Mac running macOS 11.2.2.

For your next steps, I would recommend following the solutions listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html to remove and reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.  Please be aware, though, that the link to download and install the Creative Cloud desktop app in the help document will not work for a Mac computer running an M1 processor.  

When asked to reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, please begin the process directly https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/download-creative-cloud-apps.html as discussed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html.  This will download and install the M1 version of the Creative Cloud desktop app.  If you attempt to install a non-ARM-based version, from https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html#download-links then you will encounter additional errors.

Please update this public discussion if you have any additional questions about the process and the results of reinstalling the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thank you for your fast response. I have followed your instructions step-by-step (uninstalling the "old" app, downloading the M1-version of the creative cloud desktop app via https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/download-creative-cloud-apps.html, installing the M1 version (information window in the finder finally shows "Apple Chips").

However, the app still does not respond neither to mouse-clicks nor to keystrokes (in its window and on the menu bar). I can scroll through the window and I can move the window over my screen. I still have to force quit the app from the dock or from the Apple menu. Force quit from the app menu does not work. 

I have also tried to reinstall Lightroom (4.2) after uninstalling the creative cloud desktop in order to have it installed this way. Same result.

I should mention that I'm running MacOS BigSur 11.2.3 on a Mac mini M1 (16GB, 1 TB SSD).

Any ideas on how to fix that? Thank you in advance!

Hans-Juergen from Germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, HJKlein.  Please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct assistance can be provided to reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff, thank you for your support. The App works fine now. Good job from your colleague Shaiju through the chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
might you share information how the problem was resolved? I am having the exact same issue since I migrated to my new Macbook Pro with M1 chip. Deinstallation and reinstallation does not fix the problem.
Thank you and best regards, Karoline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Karoline, unfortunately I can't tell you all the steps in detail to solve the problem since I had a chat with a kind support agent from Adobe who used a remote connection to my Mac to execute all necessary steps. What I remember is that they ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and finally did a reinstall of the Creative Cloud app for Apple's M1 PCs. I would suggest you better contact Adobe support via a secure chat session.

Have fun with you M1 MacBookPro and its outstanding performance!

Best regards, Hans-Juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Hans-Jürgen,
I did contact the support and they were able to help me the same way: They recommended using the Cleaner Tool and subsequently restarting the computer. After I had done this I reinstalled the Creative Cloud for M1 Macbook. I worked and now I am having fun with super-fast Photoshop.

I hope this might help others with the same issues.

Best regards, Karoline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this!! Thanks to you, I reached out and support was able to help as well, and I'm back and running on my new computer now! So appreciate your post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just struggled with this as well, and thanks to these messages, I found this page talking about the Cleaner! Go there and follow instructions...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines