• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm new here and haven't found this info.as yet....

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much can I upload- Is there a limit?  Is it safe to delete these files/folders now that I have put them into this "cloud"?  Can they ever be deleted without my knowledge or approval?  Thanks Adobe -so far, I'm very impressed and thrilled to have a safe (?) place to store documents.....

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

You can just use the storage without syncing.

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon to bring up the menu, and choose Preferences. In the Preferences dialog click on the Files tab. For Sync On / Off choose Off.

Screenshot 2014-09-02 11.42.50.png

To upload files for storage you will use a web browser instead of sync. Open the Files page at https://creative.adobe.com/files. You can upload files using Upload from the Actions menu. Alternatively you can drag and drop files from Windows Explorer or Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard CC account has an upload limit of 20Gb.

No, you should not automatically delete any files you might have uploaded to the cloud; delete any file only if the reason for doing so is right irrespective of it being stored in the cloud.

Companies like Adobe who offer cloud storage are extremely unlikely to accidently delete any file, vanishingly small in fact, as their reputation for quality delivery would vanish overnight if word got out that they couldn't be trusted to store data safely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and I'm sure you're right.  Insofar as the storage capacity.  How does one ascertain how much they've used to date.  I am having a hard time even seeing folder & file sizes, properties, confirmation of uploads etc...I have no idea where I'm at in regards to reaching my limit or if I've exceeded it.  In which case, what would happen?  I must be missing something....

And, regarding my deleting the files I"ve uploaded to the  cloud, this is only predicated on the fact that they are safe in storage and not taking up space on my hard drive...So I just needed to be sure that once deleted from my computer I'd still have access to the files in the cloud...ie: SkyDrive was quite different in that it stored everything twice, once on your computer and once in their system and the only way to safely delete from your hard drive was to uninstall the app.

Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and I'm sure you're right.  Insofar as the storage capacity.  How does one ascertain how much they've used to date.  I am having a hard time even seeing folder & file sizes, properties, confirmation of uploads etc...I have no idea where I'm at in regards to reaching my limit or if I've exceeded it.  In which case, what would happen?  I must be missing something....

Does this article help?

Creative Cloud Help | Manage and Sync files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and hopefully it will when I have the time to actually study it.  This may sound strange to you but although I began on computers in the 1980s with a TRS80 programming from DOS everything, I am feeling more and more like the entire language is slipping right away now...Syncing I know, sounds logical.  but what if you don't wish to sync?  What if you just would prefer to have a safe storage?....I'm sorry I am just getting frustrated.  Tech moves faster and creates an entire new way of thinking for us old timers and our minds are still stuck in that rut and not quite sponges any longer.  So, I will read that and appreciate your bringing it to my attention.

God Bless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just use the storage without syncing.

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon to bring up the menu, and choose Preferences. In the Preferences dialog click on the Files tab. For Sync On / Off choose Off.

Screenshot 2014-09-02 11.42.50.png

To upload files for storage you will use a web browser instead of sync. Open the Files page at https://creative.adobe.com/files. You can upload files using Upload from the Actions menu. Alternatively you can drag and drop files from Windows Explorer or Mac OS X Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ken.  That's what I like about you, quick and to the point and in a language I can understand.  You're the bomb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines