• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If i have deleted my local files, how can i download all my files at once from the creative cloud server?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My creative cloud files have all been deleted on my machine, all put in the trash (not by me!) I've recovered some but I want to download everything from the creative cloud server before I sync again.  is there anyway to do this? or do I have to download every single file individually, which would take hours......

I can see all my files on the cloud server but can't figure out why it has dumped all my local files in the trash.

Thanks!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Most of my Adobe files got sent to the trash as well! And also not by me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get any solution?  Adobe support are useless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the phone for an hour, they said they would look into it and get back to me....3 hours ago! I can't believe this has happened!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its ridiculous isn't it!  I was on the phone for an hour and they even took control of my computer to look into it.  I watched for 10 mins as they clicked on every menu, really not knowing what they were doing!

my case has been escalated to higher support but I'm not too optimistic....I'll let you know if they sort anything out.  still waiting for a callback from 9am this morning (uk)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did the same with me, they also took control of my Mac but couldn't solve it. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else today?

I've got my Mac at home that is also synced to adobe cloud, I'm hoping that the same didn't happen there and all my files can be saved before it syncs (fingers crossed). I will check it when I get home...

I'll do the same thing and will let you know if I hear anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plan as well, I've paused syncing on my mac here so hopefully when i sync at home it will take everything from the server..hopefully.  can't bear another phone call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might first disconnect the internet then switch on my mac, if all files are there I will back-up first, then connect to internet and hope for the best. If the files are also in the trash then it'll be a nightmare!

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad I turned the wifi off......got most of my work back so not too bad,  as soon as I turned wifi on it sent everything to the trash! somethings very wrong. we can't be the only 2 people having this issue.  Cant see anything else anywhere though.

All still ok on the cloud server, if only you could bulk download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jaxon1234 - We are investigating. Would you like us to restore everything in the Archive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken

No I don't want to restore anything in the archive.  I need to take everything from the cloud server (except the archive!) and restore to my Mac local files.  I managed to disconnect the wifi when i turned my laptop on this evening and back up a majority of my files but I'm still missing ones i have worked on in the last week.  I know I can download individually but just want o make sure I get everything

FYI, as soon as I turned the wifi back on it deleted all my local files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stu361g - The files and folders in Creative Cloud Files on your computer should match those on the Files page at https://creative.adobe.com/files.

When a file is deleted or moved out of the Creative Cloud Files folder it is marked as trashed. Trashed items show in the Archive at https://creative.adobe.com/archive. Items in the Archive do not show up in the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer.

I will email you what you have in both Files and Archive. Per my email to you earlier please send me all the CoreSync logs you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken

I understand what I should have but I don't have anything on my computer its all moved to the trash!  I have my main folders on my local drive and subfolders but nothing in the folders, no illustrator,photoshop or PDF files. The important stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Can you also please help me with this, I have exactly the same issue, although both my home computer and work computer sent most of my files to the trash. The files on the web (creative.adobe.com/files) are all there. Please advise

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stu361g - We are investigating. Would you like us to restore everything in the Archive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add that, I had exactly the same issue this morning, so it is certainly a more widespread problem rather than an isolated case.

For Adobe's benefit, here's a summary of what happened for me:

• All cloud files automatically moved to trash on turning my computer on and auto syncing. All folders remained, but empty.
  • Files still existed online through the browser, in the Files section and had not been put into Archive.
  • When I got home to my personal Mac, the exact same situation happened as above. Though I made sure to do a backup before connecting to wifi and allowing it to sync!

Tried signing out and deleting the Creative Cloud files folder, then signing in again, hoping it would re-sync and create all my files again to match what was online, but it just created the directory of empty folders again.

Was on a call with support for an hour which was painful, with them taking control of my screen but having no idea what to do to fix it.

As with you guys, I'd like to download all my files again (not including Archive), but as a batch and not one by one online! Hopefully the sync will fix and download the lot again automatically.

Have you worked out what's wrong yet Adobe?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@greggers

Thanks for the details. They are very helpful as we figure out what is happening.  We'll update this thread once we have more information.

In the meantime, can you send me a .zip file via private message with your File Sync log files from the following location:

The location for each OS are:

• Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync
  • Windows: %APPDATA%/Adobe/CoreSync

Note that on Mac OS X to see the user library from the Finder click on the Go menu and hold down the Alt/ Option key. Note that on Windows %APPDATA% is a variable that will change to the correct path depending on if version of Windows being used.

--Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Elba, I've sent you a download link to the CoreSync files.

Still no cloud files today, so unfortunately not looking likely to correct itself with the sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange that my Mac does not have any CoreSync log files. I don't even have a CoreSync Folder in Application Library/Support/Adobe. I've checked on both my Work Mac & Home Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaxon1234,

Are you looking in your user name Library location? /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe and not /Library/Application Support/Adobe?.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jaxon1234

I think you might be looking in the wrong Library folder. I found mine under Users, which is different to going to the Library folder straight at the root of your Macintosh HD.

The best way to get it is open a Finder window, then go up to the top menu bar, click 'Go' then hold down the Alt key, at which point Library appears. Then follow though to Application Support>Adobe>CoreSync from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greggers,

Thanks for that, I found them , I will send them on1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For others viewing this thread who are using Mac OS X here is a help document on several ways to see the User Library (as opposed to the System Library): Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there any solution to this yet?  My files are still not syncing properly.  Everything is uploading to the Cloud ok but just not updating on other machines.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!

After resorting all my files on Friday I have turned my machine on this morning AND EVERYTHING HAS BEEN TRASHED AGAIN

PLEASE SORT THIS OUT ADOBE, I WILL BE EXPECTING COMPENSATION FOR LOSS OF WORK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines