• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I temporarily cancel my subscription, will I get my work back when I resume it?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, there's an upcoming period of several months where I won't need my Adobe applications, but will be coming back to my projects at a later date. I figure there's no need to pay for a subscription while I'm not using it, but want to confirm that I won't lose my work when I reactivate my subscription in the future. Does anybody have experience with this? Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your files to a harddrive,  but they will be there, and can be worked on, at any time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an annual plan (paid monthly or in a lump sum), you will pay a penalty for early cancellation. If you have a monthly plan (higher rate), there is no cancellation penalty. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your work to your own hard drive, rather than the cloud, then it remains accessible if you re-subscribe and it is also accessible to any other applications that can read the file formats to which you have saved. For maximum compatibility with other apps  you might want to look at converting any Adobe formats to more universal formats e.g. PSD to TIFF.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dh365, thanks for your question. The advice provided by Chuck, Jane, MJ, and Dave is valid.

We don't currently provide the option to pause a subscription, so if you plan to cancel the plan, then please make a backup of any work that is saved to the account.  Your files could be available for up to 90 days after cancellation, but I would make sure you have a backup of the assets to prevent anything from being lost.  More information on this, and ofter details about the cancellation process, can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html under the What happens when I cancel my Creative Cloud subscription section.

Please update this public forum discussion if you have any additional questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi db365,

In addition to the info from others, I wanted to share this too if case it is helpful

Your Creative Cloud files are stored on your desktop as well as on the Creative Cloud servers. If you cancel or downgrade your paid membership, you still have access to all of the files in the Creative Cloud folder on your computer and via the Creative Cloud website.  Your account will be downgraded to a free membership, which includes 2 GB of storage. If you’re using more than 2 GB of storage, you won't be able to upload new files to the cloud. To upload new files, delete files on the Creative Cloud server until the amount of storage you're using drops below 2 GB.

If you're over your storage limit, you have 90 days to reduce your online usage. After 90 days, you could lose access to some or all of your files saved on the Creative Cloud servers.

Taken from: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/faq.html#storeNServe

This applies to files stored at
assets.adobe.com

lightroom.adobe.com
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/documents/files/

If you cancelled and resubscribed within 90 days using the same Adobe ID with a subscription with equal or greater storage all the files would be transferred to the new subscription.

Hope that helps,
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which apps and online services do you use? Which Creative Cloud plan do you have currently? Be specific.  

How long do you anticipate being absent?

If it's a prolonged absence -- more than 1 month --  your Adobe Portfolio, Spark and cloud based projects may NOT be here when you return.  Factoring for 50% early termination fees, higher prices to re-subscribe later, etc... how much money will you actually save by doing this?  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines