Illustrator linked library items losing links - link tab goes blank

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked this in the illustrator forum and someone suggested i try here as well so her goes.

I've been having an issue with illustrator links. I have library items that I have placed inside an image as linked items and when I make a change to the library item, the change is reflected in the linked item. If i save and reopen the image and sometimes within the course of using illustrator without closing the image, the links tab that at first showed the links to the linked objects goes blank and the linked images are no longer linked to any library item. When i update the library item, the changes no longer follow through to the placed items. I have replaced the linked items a few times and saved immediately but the links still brake. I get no warning of broken links when I open the image up again. It's like the links never existed but the library images remain placed but no longer linked to the library. What am i doing wrong or is this an issue with illustrator?

I am using illustrator 2021 on osx Big Sur and a mac pro 2019

Thanks,

TOPICS
File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?