In Creative Cloud files when I update my INDD file all my sharers lose access to the updated

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Creative Cloud files when I update my INDD file and export the pdf file all the share links are lost . All my sharers lose access to the updated file. This does not happen at dropbox where when I update a file the share links still work. This is a real nuisance as I want to up date files and keep the link open. Is there a workaround?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you tell me in more detail what links are being deleted? and a bit more detail of this workflow please.

Thanks

Warner

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an indesign file with a interactive pdf in my adobe creative cloud files. I have published a public link to the interactive pdf. So when I update my INDD file and export the updated interactive pdf which replaces the old pdf my public links are lost. People who have my publication lose access and cannot regain access.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for explaining in more detail, Have you asked over at the InDesign forums? InDesign

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't think it is an indesign problem. It is something to do with the files at Creative Cloud.

What I am doing now is editing my INDD file in Creative Cloud and exporting the interactive pdf to dropbox where the sharing works when the files are replaced.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had similar experience where I lost links to my files in creative cloud.  There was an update to creative cloud today and my creative cloud on PC was replaced with a new one.  I went to my User Account and found two Creative Cloud Accounts: "Creative Cloud" and "Creative Cloud (unknown)".  The "Creative Cloud (unknown)" is where I found my linked files.  Check to see if you now have two creative accounts on your PC.  This may be the reason????

I am currently copying and pasting all my files into the current "Creative Cloud" from the "Creative Cloud (unknown)".   I am only focusing on 1 InDesign Doc I have due to tomorrow and had to manually reset all the links to it.  If I have to manually restore all links to my files saved in Creative Cloud--I will blow a gasket on Monday! All PDF files (interactive ones especially) I have saved have lost their links--I don't even want to look at or deal with right now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines