• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign cc 2015 libraries panel is 'unable to connect to server' on mac osx 10.10.3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wondering if someone may have a solution to this problem? I'm in Australia and only experiencing the problem on my mac laptop. My desktop-based Windows version of InDesign cc 2015 successfully connects to the cc libraries panel. Out of curiosity I have re-opened InDesign cc 2014 on the laptop and the cc libraries panel connects to my Assets folder without an issue. Any guidance would be appreciated 🙂

Message was edited by: Todd Wilson - 'on the laptop' was added to the 4th sentence.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this question to the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum since this is a CC issue, and the staff and MVPs there can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible post screenshot . it'd be helpful .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot showing the issue.Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 23.11.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit InDesign App .

Follow below steps :L

1)Please click on Apple menu icon and select System Preferences, and then click Network.
2)Choose the network that is currently connected to internet that can be Ethernet or Airport(Wireless).
3)Then click on Advanced button and click Proxies Tab.
4)Under 'Select a Proxy server to Configure' Uncheck all the proxy check boxes, then uncheck 'Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)'.
5)Then click on Apply Now button.

Relaunch InDesign app and check.

Still same ??

1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.

/etc

3) It will open the etc folder, please look for file named "hosts" and copy the same to Desktop screen.

4)Double click on Hosts file , it will open it with TextEdit,

Let me know whether you can see any Adobe related entries inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brucgovn,

Thank you for your help. It's really appreciated. I've followed your instructions and, yes, I can see Adobe related entries within the Host file. A screen grab of the file is attached.

Regards

hosts screen grab.png

Regards,

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Remove all entries which has adobe name . Then close the Textedit , it will Autosave.
  • Make sure there are no Adobe entries inside .
  • Then copy and paste the Hosts file back to Etc folder . 
  • We are replacing edited hosts file which we had copied to Desktop with the original Hosts file inside Etc folder.
  • When prompted , Authenticate with Mac password ,
  • Make sure to select Replace option ..
  • Once you has replaced Hosts file , double click on it again and check whether Hosts file is free from Adobe entries.
  • If yes. launch Creative Cloud application and load Apps list .
  • Then launch InDeisgn cc app and check,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brucgovn,

Thanks for your patience.

I've followed your instructions, but am having no luck getting the 'Home'  or 'Apps' tabs to successfully load. However, within the Creative Cloud application the 'Assets', 'Stock', and 'Community' tabs all work okay. I've also turned off and turned back on my wi-fi connection, and re-launched InDesign cc 2015 - the libraries panel is still unable to connect to server.

Screenshot of Creative Cloud application tabs is supplied:

cc application tabs.jpg

Regards,

Todd

PS - If the etc/ Hosts pathway wasn't the solution, do I need to replace the altered 'Hosts' file with the original version to restore everything back to the way it was originally (I kept a copy of the original 'Host' file, just in case)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd, the Hosts file contained Adobe Blocker entries, which blocks access to Adobe server , it should not be present in Hosts file .

It needs to be removed.

Regarding Apps tab not loading , please refer below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app-doesnt-open.html

Or

I cannot run Creative Cloud (Spinning circle)

Once the Apps tab is loaded launch Indesign cc app and check,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brucgovn,

I've repaired the Creative Cloud application issues regarding the 'Home' and 'Apps' tabs. They're now working - thank you 🙂

Have re-launched InDesign cc 2015 but the libraries panel is still 'unable to connect to server'.

Regards,

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit InDesign CC app.

1)Click on Apple menu icon and select System Preferences, and then click Network.
2)Choose the network that is currently connected to internet that can be Ethernet or Airport(Wireless).
3)Then click on Advanced button and click Proxies Tab.
4)Under 'Select a Proxy server to Configure' Uncheck all the proxy check boxes, then uncheck 'Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)'.
5)Then click on Apply Now button.

activation pasv disable.jpg

Then launch InDesign cc app and check again .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the same result: InDesign cc 2015 libraries panel is 'unable to connect to server'.

Many thanks for your perseverance.

Regards,

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry to hear that.

Check with the status and check ,whether the status is Alive ?

https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/gdf/status.jsp

Reference :

Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later, Acrobat DC

It is better to contact Adobe Support once and check with the connectivity issue , they can even remote access your computer and check.

Click on Still need help button and select Chat option .

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_account-settings_stillNeed...

Ask for Tech Support /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd , sometimes there will also be an temporary issue . So it is better to check with Adobe support once .

You can see in the below links :

CC Libraries - unable to connect to server

I am connected to CC however in my library when I roll over the "cc" icon it says "unable to connect...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brucgovn,

You've been an absolute star with all your help and suggestions.

Thanks for sticking with the problem for so long.

One thing I really appreciated was that your instructions & guidance were clearly laid out and communicated.

It made the step-through process so much easier at this end 🙂

I'll follow up on your final suggestions and, fingers crossed, the Adobe tech team will find an answer.

Kind regards and thanks again,

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure ., feel free to update the status

Awaiting for results.

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brucgovn,

I've been in contact with Adobe via Chat. Here are a couple of excerpts from the conversation (I've changed the name of the call centre helper to 'Adobe':

Adobe: well, i would like to inform you that we would have to check the issue and we would have to find out the way to fix it however there are many customers who are facing the same issues with libraries

Adobe: I would like to inform you that we need some time for it as we have to research on it
Todd Wilson: That's okay. Will I be contacted at a later stage by Adobe regarding this issue?
Adobe: once we would get any update then we would inform you

So that's where we're at. Despite the inordinate amount of time that has been spent on this matter I am, at the least, pleased to know that it is a broader issue rather than being specific to my computer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah!  Thanks for the update .

I was wondering , why it dint resolve the issue after clearing Adobe Blocker entries from Hosts  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my last posting, as part of the process of elimination, I have taken the ethernet cable from my Windows computer and plugged it into the mac laptop (then turned off the network's passive ftp).

As the InDesign cc 2015 libraries panel works on my Windows machine I thought it may be a wi-fi/wireless issue; but I get the same 'unable to connect to server' result even when tethered via cable. For peace of mind I've also connected via a public wi-fi gateway and the result was the same.

As usual, part of InDesign cc 2015 connects okay - that is, the pop-up window welcoming me and offering tutorials etc always works. It's just the library panel that fails.

Regards,

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging out of Creative Cloud Application on your Mac machine, then sign in again.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it hasn't helped.

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,

Please refer to the thread below where this issue has been addressed:

CC Libraries - unable to connect to server

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines