Indesign CC Library Collaboration not able to link to files cross different profiles (team sharing assets)

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as part of a creative team and we want to share common assets in the cloud to save duplicating assets on the server – ie company logo, icons etc. I've set up a CC library with the assets and added my collogues as collaborators and now they can see the CC Library in inDesign. However when one of my collogues open an indesign artwork file I have created the links are lost. The library assets don't appear locally in the CC Library in finder, and no-matter what we try – we can't relink to them in inDesign without re-creating the assets from the collaborated library, which will mean going through this process every time someone opens the artwork. This completely defeats the object and would be easier to duplicate the assets as a packaged file. Is there someway to re-link the lost links to CC Library without having to re-do them manually?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign CC Library Collaboration not able to link to files cross different profiles (team sharing assets)

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as part of a creative team and we want to share common assets in the cloud to save duplicating assets on the server – ie company logo, icons etc. I've set up a CC library with the assets and added my collogues as collaborators and now they can see the CC Library in inDesign. However when one of my collogues open an indesign artwork file I have created the links are lost. The library assets don't appear locally in the CC Library in finder, and no-matter what we try – we can't relink to them in inDesign without re-creating the assets from the collaborated library, which will mean going through this process every time someone opens the artwork. This completely defeats the object and would be easier to duplicate the assets as a packaged file. Is there someway to re-link the lost links to CC Library without having to re-do them manually?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving your question to the File Syncing, Hosting & Collaboration forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2015 0