Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign files not synced on my iPad

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using Indesign 14 x64 to write game manuals. I want to be able to play test versions in developement using Creative Cloud App on my iPad as a reading tool. This has worked for some time in the beginning, but now it does not work anymore.

I have various Indesign Files in my Creative Cloud directory on my PC. When I access the Creative Cloud directory on the web, the files there are up to date, so syncing to the web works.

When I want to open those files on my iPad, I get an old version.

It says 'updated 18 days ago' which is correct for the most up to date file, but the version shown ios NOT up to date, it is a version of 2 months ago.

When I look at the Info tab with the file open on my iPad, it says:

Uploaded 2 months ago

Modified 18 days ago

Size 6 MB

Width xxx

Height xxx

So the app is aware of the newer version, but does not seem to update it.  I keep getting the older version.

I have switched on Offline for a number of these files, but I assume that means they update the offline files?  Anyway, switching offline back off has not helped any.

I loathe the prospect of having to explain something as complex as this to the help line folks, so I hope someone here has some idea what to do.  As it is today, I have little choice but printing the complete WIP rulebook every two weeks or so.

Thanks in advance for your help

Rudy, Belgium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?