• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infinite File Sync but no files are being downloaded.

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as the title says my CC file sync has been stuck on this infinite loop of "syncing" for several days now. There are no files in the folder but for some reason it's saying that its syncing. It's also continues to have 100% cpu usage the during the "syncing".

I am running a Macbook pro 2015 on OS HighSierra

Some things I've tried:

- Moving folders

- Quitting CC

- Uninstall/Reinstalling CC

- Deleting the folder and resyncing

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 10.44.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-11 at 10.44.12 AM.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Hi Leeems,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Thanks for the info about the things which you have tried.

A few additional questions/suggestions:

- Has sync ever worked on the system?

- What path do you have specified for the location of the sync folder in the preferences? The default should be /Users/<your user account>/

- What anti-virus software do you use on the system if any?

- As a test could you try creating a new administrative account, log out of your current account and into the newly cre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leeems,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Thanks for the info about the things which you have tried.

A few additional questions/suggestions:

- Has sync ever worked on the system?

- What path do you have specified for the location of the sync folder in the preferences? The default should be /Users/<your user account>/

- What anti-virus software do you use on the system if any?

- As a test could you try creating a new administrative account, log out of your current account and into the newly created one and test sync from there. I've seen user permissions become damaged when upgrading the OS. Typically reinstalling the Creative Cloud app fixes it, but a new user is a good additional test too.

- I'm not sure how you reinstalled the Creative Cloud app, but uninstalling it with the Cleaner Tool here gives good results in some cases Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Please get back to me when you get the chance and let me know any of these help,

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a workaround that helped me with this issue. Hopefully it helps others as well: https://windowsreport.com/you-dont-have-permission-save-this-location/

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines