• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Information regarding Creative Cloud > Assets > Files > Archived

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find any documentation that refers to the workings of the Archived functionality in Creative Cloud. Could anyone point me to such information? I'm curious, for example, whether archived files count against my 20 gig allotment (for that matter, I'm also curious if my Library files count again my 20 gig data allotment), and essentially, what the purpose of the archived section isā€¦ is it just to move unimportant files out of sight?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

HI Chuck%20Braman,

In order to know about the Archived folder, kindly go through the links provided below::

Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Never loose your files again with Adobe Creative Cloud Archive feature 

Hope this information is helpful !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Chuck%20Braman,

In order to know about the Archived folder, kindly go through the links provided below::

Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Never loose your files again with Adobe Creative Cloud Archive feature 

Hope this information is helpful !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kanikas,

Thanks for your swift and very helpful reply.

I guess I just have one remaining question left, if my Library files count against my 20 gig data allotment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's part of 20 GB storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kanika shared some help / FAQ links with you.

The Archive does count as part of your storage quota. Think for the Archive like the Recycle Bin on Windows or the Trash on Mac OS X. If you use the files syncing and delete or move any items out of the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer than they go into the Archive.

Currently items in your Libraries and Mobile Creations do not count against your storage quota.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Kanika and Ken,

A minor point, but you seem to have a disagreement between you as to whether the Libraries count against the storage quota or not.

So far as conceptualizing the use of Creative Cloud, I'm thinking that the project files (InDesign, etc.) would logically be stored as files within my 20GB of storage, the assets used in those files stored as assets within project-oriented Libraries (especially if those assets don't in fact count against storageā€¦).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a member of the CC Assets team. I can confirm that currently Libraries do no count against your 20 GB of storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your question, Chuck! I've been searching for answers to the same questions for 20 mins. You rock!

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again to the Adobe staff for all the useful information, and taking the time to post it.

Just a suggestion, since files you delete get moved to "Archived," it would eliminate a lot of confusion if Adobe followed standard convention and named it "Trash." An archive is where you place something you want to save, not something you want to throw away. I think when most people delete an item, they are not expecting it to show up in an archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So Archive is Trash.

Does that mean that I could lose assets that I have in Archive(Trash) after some time?

Is it safe to leave assets in Archive?

Appreciate, if anyone can help us on this please?

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines