• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed fonts not found by Adobe

Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed typefonts that my various Adobe software keep saying are missing. Yet the fonts it is looking for are there, so I can update them manually! But I have hundreds of files in my project, each with several textboxes, and I am NOT going to update them one by one.

This has happened several times. I have had to deliver projects with substitute fonts for the originals - which. are. on. my. system!

For example, I'm given the option to "Resolve" one font (Futura Medium) with a default other. I get two options (Myriad & Helvetica), although Futura Medium is there!

Q1. How can I tune my CC tools (e.g. Photoshop, PPro & AE) to substitute a missing font with a specific font of my choosing? (i.e. in this case, the original Futura Medium font that Adobe couldn't see staring back out at it!).

Q2. CC Fonts shows me a "Futura PT" but not "Futura". Is this because it thinks I have no Internet connection so it won't update?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this same exact issue. Fonts show in the fonts tab on the creative cloud app, but photoshop isnt seeing them. Then you go to update the font after you close the missing fonts window and it picks myriad as the "updated" font super frustrating. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope. Not yet.

If there was at least some means to replace one font not found with another that has been found (like "replace footage" in AE) that would be a quick, easy fix, but I've found no such option so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines