Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing CC Applications on a NVME Drive and Temp Files being are unlocated

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm currently using a multi drive setup on this PC, with the first SSD containing the OS files, with the secondary HDD containing photos/videos/downloads/dump files etc. Very late last night I installed a M2 Slot NVME SSD purely for Adobe CC (installed on the default C:/) and great, it worked perfectly. I was able to get all my applications installed last night on to the NVME SSD with no further issues. I played around with Photoshop and everything had worked as intended - saving all my files on the new NVME SSD by default.

This morning I noticed that I made the Scratch Drive (set as the NVME SSD) however with my OCD and trying to keep files as neat as possible - I noticed by default by that all the temp files/random dump files are saving directly into the new NVM SSD without any folder redirection. I tried my best to find any relevent 2020 forum posts that might suggest to change the cache folder location for these files to dump in however I did not find any option in CC/Photoshop, and I assume other application's to change or at least add a folder for these files to be automatically dumped in.

Does anyone have any suggestions or is able to explain the process to me to set a sub-folder for the scratch drive to arrange the temp files to go into a sub-folder instead of the default SSD, or believe that I had wrongly set up the configuration process incorrectly? Attached is an image of the NVME SSD, sololy only used for Adobe CC (Applications are saved in the Program Files folder) with everything else being randomly dumped.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Comment/Update: I ended up cloning my 256GB SSD to my 1TB NVME Card, which had taken some time considering I was hoping to leave the NVME card as a scratch drive. I figured running the application on the NVME card with have better performance and 256GB on the SSD was more than enough to dump files on. I believe the mess was due to the application set up being set up on the past F:/ (NVME at the time) which caused the temp files to go everywhere. Simple human error.

Side Note: After cloning the SSD to the NVME drive. I had to go through the BIOS to make configuration changes (use google for this) to allow for UEIF mode, let MS install the new drivers and boot successfully to NVME. Boot from the "old" SSD, go to computer management and turn the NVME to be set as "Online" instead of "Offline", rebooted and changed the boot sequence in the BIOS. Ensure the previous HDD (D:/) was remained as D:/ for photos, music etc and then I finally formatted the "old" SSD.

I had reinstalled the Adobe CC Applications to run through the NVME however still using the "old" SSD as the new scratch disk and the temp files are now going into the correct configuration folder.

Leaving the post up for anyone else who faces a similar experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines