• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invisible files? Why are some of my files becoming invisible?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a file in InDesign. Save it by creating a new folder in creative cloud. Work on the file. Save. Make a PDF and send to the client. Client has revisions. The file is gone! When I search finder with the file name it shows that it is exactly where I saved it. I can open it, edit it, save a new version, make a new PDF. But when I navigate in the finder to where is supposed to be it isn't there. It's as if the file lives in the place I put it but it's become invisible unless I search for the file name. I also cannot see it on the creative cloud web. Anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Hi,

First of all this is a bug, and is documented over at Why do I have 3 'Creative Cloud Files' folders?

We have been working hard to make sure this doesn't happen again with future Creative Cloud releases.

It sounds like all your work in now in the Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder, you can copy it back to the regular Creative Cloud Files and keep the Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder as a back up for now until your happy that all your work in now in the Creative Cloud.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you check in your user home folder on Mac or Windows that you do not have a Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder please?, this could be the issue here.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DO have a "Creative Cloud Files (unknown)" folder. I've never seen that before. What does it mean? What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First of all this is a bug, and is documented over at Why do I have 3 'Creative Cloud Files' folders?

We have been working hard to make sure this doesn't happen again with future Creative Cloud releases.

It sounds like all your work in now in the Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder, you can copy it back to the regular Creative Cloud Files and keep the Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder as a back up for now until your happy that all your work in now in the Creative Cloud.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Warner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this invisible file phenomenon but in an entirely different way. When I save a pdf or create a folder while mid-save using Indesign, the pdf or folder is invisible. I know where i put it and I can find it by doing a system search or using the command prompt...it IS where I put it...but does is not visible if I open the folder. Even dropbox does not see it in the folder.

Oddly, I can save pdfs to desktop just fine. No other programs are doing this so I believe it is an Indesign problem and not a system problem.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

l'm having the same problem - how can this be prevented??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm still having this same problem and my creative cloud is up to date...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines