• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IPC Broker constantly running in background

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the AdobeIPCBroker constantly running in the background, and taking up 98% CPU at all times. I un-synced Creative Cloud, and nothing changed. I logged out of creative cloud, and nothing changed. I closed all of my running Adobe applications, nothing changed. I moved the IPC software folder to the trash and emptied the trash, nothing changed. It's still running in the background at 98% CPU, effecting my battery life, and causing a potential security concern! What on earth is going on here?

And from what I can discover, the purpose of the IPCBroker is some vague communication and syncing purposes (from your computer to Adobe, and within your Adobe apps), but does not seem essentially important. Especially while I have all of my Adobe apps disabled.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had exactly this issue. An Adobe rep walked me through the fix.

Open Activity Monitor and kill (Force Quit will be needed I think) ALL Adobe processes (Easiest from the Energy tab).

Go to Applications >> Adobe Creative Cloud

Launch the Uninstaller, but choose Repair (it's the default) and let it do its stuff.

Launch an app to test. The process will be there but should behave itself.

It is possible my issue was triggered by a fail sync last night (or not - but that's the only non-nominal thing I can think of that happened)

Apparently the process is needed to let different programess talk to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines