• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way the Creative Cloud desktop app can indicate which Market items have already been downloaded?

Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure whether this is a general issue with the Creative Cloud desktop app, or something is going wrong with my installation, but I receive seem to receive no indication that I have already downloaded an item when I open CC --> Assets --> Market. Looking in my Libraries, I now find some items I've downloaded up to 4 times. Is there some indication I am missing? Is my installation of CC desktop messed up? Or should I suggest that there should be some indication of whether an item has been downloaded or not on that Market page in the app? Even when I go specifically to downloaded items, none of those items has the cloud with the arrow icon grayed out. The only time that icon grays out is when I download the item and keep that page/window open to download other items. As soon as that page/window is closed, the next time I open it, all icons are no longer grayed out, so I no longer have a clue as to what I downloaded unless I open my libraries in my browser. Seems a bit primitive.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone at least indicate whether this issue is due to my specific installation, or it is just the way Market is currently set up? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

The way it currently works is that if you have already downloaded a Market asset, the download button (cloud icon with downward pointing arrow) is greyed out and you cannot click it. However, this button only appears when you mouseover the asset.  Can you confirm if this is how it's working for you?

Thanks,
Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elba, thank you for replying. Currently, the behavior you describe only occurs for as long as that specific Market window remains open in the CC desktop app. As soon as I close that window, everything reverts to non-greyed out and downloadable, with no visual indication I've already downloaded any item. ATM I have to keep the my library window at adobe.com open in order to check whether I've downloaded an item already.

I'd love it if the icons remained greyed out for each item that is already in my library, that is to say, downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the additional information.  I will pass it along to the CC desktop app team for investigation.  I'm not sure if this is behaving as designed or it's a bug but I agree that it would be nice if it worked as you describe.

--Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Some additional info from the Eng team:

The Download button is enabled again after either you quit and relaunch Thor or in the same session click the already-downloaded-asset to open it up in one-page view. This is to allow the subsequent download of the same asset to other Creative Cloud Libraries.

One way to view what all assets you downloaded is to go through Market drop down menu and click on ‘Downloaded’ filter as shown below (similar to what you are already doing on CC Assets site):

Hope this helps!

Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elba, Thank you for your time and effort in researching this. Unfortunately, the above method you describe is more than a little awkward. When one shows the Downloaded window, as you illustrate, that greys out all the individual categories. So, if I were looking for brushes, I'd have to check if I already had it by going to the downloaded window, then navigate back to brushes by first going to Featured or Recent, and then to Brushes, (even All Categories is not clickable, though it looks active). I'd also need to have a very, very good memory, or be going back and forth very often, with how close some brushes appear, and how similar their names are.

Instead, in a browser window, I go to my library from my adobe.com page, so I can see what brushes I have while the window where I can download brushes is open:

Adobe Market Assets and Brush Library.jpg

However, this still seems awkward to me. Adobe could grey out the icons to indicate they had already been downloaded, while still allowing them to be clickable and downloadable. I guess more code would be needed. I see examples of this every day in both Apple's app store, and Google's play store. For that matter, even the Adobe CC desktop app itself informs me of what Desktop Apps I have installed on each computer, and even whether they need to be updated. I guess, though, the situation for all of those is a bit different, not being quite so cloud-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the additional info and suggestions.  I've sent these to the CC desktop app team.

--Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines