• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there anyway to lock shared creative cloud libraries or control permissions for contributors?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a shared color palette at work with 20(?) folks connected that is frequently in utter disarray thanks to typos, folks not realizing it's the shared palette and adding random colors, etc. Would be great if there's a way to prevent folks from accidentally changing things like "green" to black. Thanks!
Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 10.02.14 AM.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beccan31764528

Which product are you using the Creative Cloud Library with as this will help us direct the question to the right team.

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly illustrator and photoshop. There may be some folks on the team using it in after effects as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beccan31764528,

sorry for taking some time to get back to you, my colleague in the CC Libraries team has provided the following response:

(Currently shared libraries are always writable by all participants). This is on our roadmap but there is no scheduled date. I don't expect it this year. The issue is the same for all library-enabled apps (desktop, mobile, or web).

I hope this helps you in your strategy planning,

Warmest wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? 

I find my CC library colours change all the time. It is a shared library for people using XD AI PS and ID.

Id love to lock down a master. So they can download them and change them but cant change the master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Id also be keen for this. Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines