• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues syncing Creative Cloud Files to external drive

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to utilze an external drive for syncing Creative Cloud Files across multiple users, many are receiving the following error. It's similar to the error one would get if the drive was unplugged. Restoring does not seem to work as it reverts to the local (user folder) location which is not an option as each user does not have enough space to sync all the data.

Any best practices or info on this would be helpful.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 2.59.17 PM.png

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! Did you end up finding a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to set up a shared folder and have each user - who would normally be syncing to their own separate folders - sync to this shared one instead? It sounds very dubious, unless Adobe have said it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a folder containing all of our active project files and shared it with the various members of our team. I was able to sync my CC folder to an external HD (so I know it works), but when my team members try to do it, they're getting the same error message as the screenshot above. I don't understand how it can work on one MacBook and not another!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In our team we share alot of files & folders so needed to move stuff to larger external volumes, making it portable to take their stuff regardless of location they are working in Covid times.

Several member have managed to change their CC files folder location to reside on an external SSD which works fine.

Some Users had to set the path in CC Desktop twice to make it stick.

One Team member however could not get Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop to store the CC files folder on an external ssd drive. I've tried logging out of Mac OS & CC, reformatting SSD drive as various file systems, killing off adobe core processes etc. Nothing worked.

After a while of banging my head on the desk I decided to check all security and access settings in the Monterey OS.

Under System Settings >Security & Privacy > Privacy > Files and Folders Access under Adobe Core Sync I set permissions to Removeable Volumes to be ticked. All the errors were gone, it's synching like before but now to the external SSD.

Happy Days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines