Highlighted

Issues syncing Creative Cloud Files to external drive

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to utilze an external drive for syncing Creative Cloud Files across multiple users, many are receiving the following error. It's similar to the error one would get if the drive was unplugged. Restoring does not seem to work as it reverts to the local (user folder) location which is not an option as each user does not have enough space to sync all the data.

Any best practices or info on this would be helpful.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 2.59.17 PM.png

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, Collaboration, Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues syncing Creative Cloud Files to external drive

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to utilze an external drive for syncing Creative Cloud Files across multiple users, many are receiving the following error. It's similar to the error one would get if the drive was unplugged. Restoring does not seem to work as it reverts to the local (user folder) location which is not an option as each user does not have enough space to sync all the data.

Any best practices or info on this would be helpful.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 2.59.17 PM.png

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, Collaboration, Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! Did you end up finding a solution to this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to set up a shared folder and have each user - who would normally be syncing to their own separate folders - sync to this shared one instead? It sounds very dubious, unless Adobe have said it will work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a folder containing all of our active project files and shared it with the various members of our team. I was able to sync my CC folder to an external HD (so I know it works), but when my team members try to do it, they're getting the same error message as the screenshot above. I don't understand how it can work on one MacBook and not another!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines