• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just bought AE, worked once and never again - Creative cloud won't log me in and just loads forever

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just bought this forsaken software yesterday, it all worked first time I tried it (albeit slowly), but when I went to use it today... yeah literally nothing works. I've been trying to launch Creative Cloud for the past 4 hours, online chat support never showed up after hours of waiting and their "24 hours support phone line" doesn't connect, and automatically hangs up. As you can guess, I'm quite put off by Adobe at the minute and wishing I'd saved myself the headache even more than the money.

Bit of background: 

When I opened AE, it opens some login type screen where there are my projects, but then another screen pops up in front of that, which never stops loading. Literally just keeps refreshing itself infinitely, but never logs me in. If I exit out of this smaller screen, all of AE closes, so obviously I cannot access my little 3 minute project I started yesterday that I should have in hindsight just made on iMovie. 

Anyway, long story short I've come to the conclusion after restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times that the issue is likely actually CC/adobe logging me in, and not AE, as it says I've been logged out and I cannot log back in, which I assume would bar me from using my own paid for licence of AE that's fully installed on my computer (why do we need to sign in again?)

CC just has that blue spinning bar, forever. It will eventually say it's logging me in, then a safari window will open that says I've been logged in, but then it will restart the process over and over again until I have tons of open tabs where I've been logged in, but still no CC. 

I run a macbook air from 2017, all updated to the latest software, plenty of space plus a 1TB hardrive connected. Internet connection is fine. Like I said, all ran fine yesterday. Adobe website says it's not having any outages/nothing is down atm. I'm going to bed as it's nearly 1 am now and I don't want to throw my laptop out the window, but any help would be much appreciated seeing as Adobe don't seem to be contactable. 

TLDR: CC just shows the loading screen, logs me in, goes back to loading screen and repeats the process until I have tons of tabs open and still no access to the AE I need to be able to do my job. 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly did you buy?

A Subscription to use After Effects? 

Where did you buy it from?

What was the cost, a One time payment or monthly payments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I bought a subscription to use it, and I bought it off the Adobe website. I have other software that doesn't go through this odd login process. It's continuing to do it today, just loads forever and never logs me in, and I can't use anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Creative Cloud Desktop App installed?

If you do you might try uninstalling AE and then Reinstalling it.

Also have you Signed In to the CC desktop app? Try Signing Out and then sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Heather, sorry you are encountering problems utilizing your CC membership for After Effects.  Please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update support case ADB-16827693-K0D9 if you are still encountering problems.

Please be aware that the computer will need access to the ports and servers listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html. If either is blocked, it could affect your ability to download, install, and use Adobe Creative Cloud software and the included services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines