• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large files (over 1gb) are not syncing

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having some trouble with Creative Cloud storage over the past couple weeks. A few months back, I was able to upload and share some large files on Creative Cloud. They were about 6GB.

However, over the past couple weeks, I have been trying to upload and share a series of video files. The files under 1gb uploaded and shared fine. However, I cannot get any files over 1gb to upload. I copy them to my local folder and after a period of time, I get an error message that an unknown syncing error occured.

Any suggestions what might be going here?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Munchezuma,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. A few questions:

- Are you using a high speed internet connection?

- How long is it attempting to sync before failing?

- Is this occurring with one file or is happening with multiple files?

Could you collect and upload your sync log files for review? They are located at

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows:

The log file can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Would you be able to zip the log files into a single file, upload them to Creative Cloud, make it accessible for download, and post the download link here?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I am uploading it now and will post the link below. The zip contains the last several files, but I know I experienced this issue on 3/31.

http://adobe.ly/Ofyyw7

I am on a high speed connection and I have tried this both at home and at work.

I have tried a few different things, but the major issue I had was when I tried to upload seven .mp4 files. Five of the seven uploaded fine, but two gave an error. WHen watching the status on Creative Cloud, I would see the timer tick down and then with no time remaining, it would hang there for several minutes after which I would get the Unable to Sync error. (I will try to duplicate it so I can get the exact error message). So, to answer your question, it happened with two of seven files. I then tried to zip them all together and do it as one big zip file, and that showed the same behavior - countdown would progress then it would hang at the end and eventually send the error message.

I tried a few other things I found here as well - turning Sync off and then on, making sure the files we completely copied before syncing, and renaming. These didn't help the issue.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Munchezuma,

Sorry for the long delay. I've having the issue investigated and will update you with the outcome.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David__B, I have similar issues with syncing files in Creative Cloud, did you get any results on investigating Munchezuma's case?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also am having this issue with files over 1gb failing to sync. On latest Creative Cloud. I have high speed connection with over  20mbps upload and 450mbps download speed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines