• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Libraries not visible on iPad pro

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to access my creative cloud assets through the iPad "files" app for many workflow. iPad Files and Creative Cloud are synced, but only "files" are visible, not "libraries."  Everything I'm using is in CC "libraries," and I see no way to move it to "files." Why won't my libraries synce to the iPad, but the files will? 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the delay. Are you still having trouble with the libraries not being visible? Would you mind telling us about the version of the iPad and the Creative Cloud Application you're using? Are you getting any error messages? Also, are you able to see your libraries on https://assets.adobe.com/ on the browser?

Make sure your iPad has the latest version of iOS installed. Try signing out and signing in again in the Creative Cloud App. Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. I have multiple libraries set up from my MacBook Pro, but none of the libraries I have created appear in my Adobe Creative Cloud app on iPhone or iPad Pro. Libraries that have been shared with me from other people appear, just not the ones I have created. I have all the latest OS/iOS installed, have tried signing in and out and nothing changes. My synced folders all work fine, and I can share these libraries with other people and it works fine, I just can't see it on my own devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Are you still encountering the issue? When you create a library from the Creative Cloud Desktop app, do you see that library on your iPhone and iPad pro? Since when have you been seeing this issue? Also, please share the screenshot of the Creative Cloud app after selecting the libraries option on your iPhone/iPad.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,
I have created all my libraries on desktop, they do not appear on any other devices. 
I've only recently started using the libraries function and am in the process of adding all assets to it still, so it has always done this.

I use a business account, and it says the libraries are shared with everyone in the business, and it appears in assets.adobe.com/ in the browser, just not across my other devices.

If I save a personal copy, they do appear, but then I have two duplicate libraries for every client to manage and the 'saved personal library' loses all the subgroup folder structures set within the library and doesn't sync with others in the business. 

I've attached two screenshots, one of my desktop CC app and the iPad app.
Thanks for looking into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the same problem as well. Is there a fix for this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem to.

Has anyone found a fix for it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such an issue. What's the point of the Creative Suite handoff if it's not accessible in an organized manner and the option provided to organize within Expres to save is not the same as the "libraries" folder structure and some separate unreachable "projects" library? 

Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see this problem between my desktops and iphone libraries.  so, ensure you're using the same adobe id on both desktop and mobile and the same profile (if you have more than one):

sign out of your cc desktop app, and then sign back in.  check your desktop libraries.

then using that same adobe id from the desktop sign in, sign out and then back in to your cc app on your mobile.  check your mobile cc app libraries.

any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, those are the basics steps anyone should before they ever consult the
help forums. but thanks for your help! 🙂 maybe I should take a video and
post; it seems that many people are confused or don't understand my
explanation. this is not something I am supposed to fix, it is a developer
issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you think you've found an adobe bug (which would affect all users), for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mikedastorytellah,

2 years later and you still haven't told us much.  😉

Have you worked with your organization's IT dept?  Or did you reach out directly to Adobe Tech Support?

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question.  We are experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@billmaru 

sign out and then back into your desktop app.

if you see your library, sign out and into your ipad's cc app using the same adobe id used with your desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is no desktop app, I am not using a PC or mac, only an iPad. Let me be clear, my libraries are visible everywhere, i.e. the Adobe CC app, Adobe Fresco, Illustrator, Capture, and every other iPad app I have from Adobe. However, the libraries are not visible within Apple's native "Files" app on my iPad. The Creative Cloud app is authorized and signed on the native "Files" app, but when I tap to enter that folder, there is only a handful of files there, but none of the Adobe libraries where I have saved the bulk of my work. This is the question I was originally asking in 2021 and still hasn't been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they're not expected to be local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not expecting them to be local... maybe we should rewind a bit first, and I'll ask kglad these three questions:

1- Do you personally use Adobe products on an iPad pro?

2- If yes, did you install the app "Creative Cloud" from Adobe?

3- If yes, did you also log in to Creative Cloud via the iPad's native files app?

I just want to make sure you're familiar with the device rather than being solely a desktop user, before we continue. (see image)

thanks 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. no, but i use on an iphone, pc and mac.  on my iphone:

kglad_0-1691544960412.png

2. yes

3. no. i don't even know how that could work. i log into cc via the cc mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. So the screenshot you sent is of the native Files app on your iphone. There you have 3 cloud storage accounts integrated with the Files app: iCloud, OneDrive, and Adobe Creative Cloud. If you had Google Drive and Dropbox, you would see those there as well. The way it works is you tap any of those, and you can navigate through their file directories without leaving the Files app (so you don't have to open OneDrive, Google drive, or Dropbox separately - and shouldn't have to open Creative Cloud either). Adobe Creative Cloud is also integrated as a cloud storage app, which is why it is shown there on the menu bar on your screenshot. Tap it there on that screen, and tell me what you see. Do you see all of your Adobe libraries, projects, files, etc? Or do you only see them when you open the Creative Cloud app separately? For me, there are some files shown, and they are stored on the cloud in my Adobe account and nowhere else, but only those files that are outside of my Adobe libraries. The libraries however, are not visible there.

Most ios/ipad users expect all cloud storage accounts to work the same way, and everyone wants to see everything stored in their Adobe storage there in Files. It's one of the few perks of file navigation on ios, and the industry standard. That's what folks are looking for. The problem is also discussed on Reddit, but to no avail.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot with me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see my libraries on my iphone:

kglad_0-1691588783922.png

on my cc desktop app:

kglad_1-1691588848862.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after thinking about it:

libraries are probably not a file type that ios can interpret even though they contain file types ios can interpret.  actually, i think the same holds for win and mac os'es, too.  ie, we probably can't browser our libraries in our os file browsers using our pcs/macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if that's the case, it needs to be fixed. There are non-Adobe creative apps which many people use, that "import" files through the ios native files app... and can access Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, local files, and Creative Cloud... except for the absolute most important files stored within Creative Cloud - those found in "Libraries." I have tried moving files out of my various "Libraries" and into the "Synced Files" section of CC to fix this, but I can't find a way to do it. My workaround is to simply download each individual file to my device, and then import it into whatever app I am using. It is an extra step, not too bad, but I would prefer to just do it directly through the app I'm using.

So, long story short, it seems both you and I can see the same issue on our devices.

Adobe needs to catch up with the industry standard and fix this issue in my opinion. I'm pretty sure I already put in a feedback or a feature request or something along those lines, but it seems like I will have to do it again, since this has been going on for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe suggestions have greater effect if made elsewhere.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines