• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link is no longer active error

Participant ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could only find non-answered posts to my problem so I'm posting it again.

When I try to share a link of a folder with jpeg images, my recipient get the following message: "Sorry, this link is no longer active."

When I sign out of my account, I sometimes get this message as well.

I couldn't find any behavior I can reproduce, as far as I can tell it is totally random.

I'm on a Mac Pro running OS X Mavericks.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

We have pushed a fix live and verified it for many customers. If you are still experiencing a problem please reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced similar problems too.  Last week there was a creative cloud update that generated a new Creative Cloud Folder as well as Creative Cloud (Unknown) Folder.  Check on your drive to see if the Creative Cloud (Unknown) Folder was created.  In my case is where I found my linked images to my IND & PDF files in the Creative Cloud Folder.   The only way I rectified the MAJOR problem that infernal update did was to manually reset all IND links and re-create PDFs from the "new" Creative Cloud Folder.  The reason (?): is that with the Creative Cloud (Unknown) Folder changed the directory path to your assets (images) for your files that you share with your recipients.  Regardless if your file is in the Creative Cloud Folder--your links are to the Creative Cloud (Unknown) Folder. You have to reset them is the only solution I found to the dilemma.  Hope this makes sense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replay Maddyu.

Well, it happened to me too but I didn't ascribe to a Creative Cloud update.

Still, I don't think that this is the cause for my problem because the folder I'm talking about was uploaded to the new CC folder.

I haven't mentioned it before, but my folder contains more folders.

The first link usually works but when I try to click a folder and see the images inside, it doesn't always work and the problem is not consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recipient is getting this error too, but the link works fine for me (using multiple browsers, etc). However, they're behind a work firewall, and we're thinking that's the cause of the problem. Is your recipient behind any kind of firewall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I got a call from another client that the link is not working for him. That same client managed to download photos using that same link, so I don't think that if he's behind a firewall or not matters.

I'm behind a firewall, but the problem (and that is my main concern) is not consistent. Sometimes I can get to my photos, sometimes I can't (when I'm logged out of my CC account).

If the problem was consistent, I might have tried to find a solution. For now my solution is to use Dropbox, and that is a shame, because if Adobe's service worked flawlessly, it could've been superior.

Dropbox works flawlessly, weather it's behind a firewall or not. There's no reason a company like Adobe won't be able to produce a similar service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the file syncing problem with duplicate Creative Cloud File folders you can work with the Core Sync team to resolve the problem. You can get the logs using the Log Collector Tool and then email them to the Core Sync team at syncforum-communication@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. None of our links that we create are working anymore which stinks a lot! We use Adobe Extract in our workflow pretty heavily!

Sounds like this is happening site-wide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure would love to see any response from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like they're aware of it. Been tweeting with someone on their support twitter:

Adobe Customer Care on Twitter: "@ZaxBit Hi, I am looping an expert to look into this. Thanks ^AJ"

Also noticed that much like Maddyu's comments above, it has something to do with linked assets, since the only files I'm having issues with are PSD's that contain linked smart objects. Only... the link location seems to be correct on my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Them looking into it is a good step in the right direction.

However, unlike you, I'm having this issue with simple jpegs as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my post here Re: I created a link for  files on my cloud account and now cannot open it I get this message "We're... requesting you to email information about the link that is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have pushed a fix live and verified it for many customers. If you are still experiencing a problem please reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken, I read your other post, but it's not the same problem as I have. In my case, the problem occurs only on the second level of folders and on.

I've no problem accessing my CC account or files when I'm in my account. It only happens when I'm signed out of it, or, it happens to my customers which don't have an account.

I had the duplicate folders problem and as I mentioned above I resolved it myself.

I just checked two of my old links, and it seems your fix did not do the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@egeller7 - Please send me one or more of these public links that do not work when signed out. You can reply with a forum private Message, or email me at kenrice@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ken. I gave the links a try today and they all worked.

As I see it there are two options. First, the problem was never consistent, so this could be one of the times when it does work.

On the other hand, it could be that the deployment of the fix took time and it finally got to my account.

I think I'll give these links a few more tries in the next few days to see how they work.

If they won't work properly, I'll contact you as you advised.

As a general remark and partly off topic, I'd like to note that the service feels somewhat sluggish which don't add to the feeling of being able to rely on it.

If all is well then I'll post again here.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer having this issue, thanks for the fix guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a couple of months since the last time I used the cloud to share files, because of the "no longer active link" problem. My clients couldn't see the files, so I decided to use Hightail, Dropbox and Wetransfer. I even no longer synchronize the files in my computer, is a waste of time. This morning I gave it a try, a client wanted to see the preview of one video I made. I didn't want to upload it to Vimeo or YouTube yet, so I uploaded via web to the cloud. And guess what? Still they get the message "no longer active link". I can believe after all this time you can't figure out how to make it work.

I remember a couple of weeks after I subscribed to creative cloud, I turned on the computer in the morning just to find my cloud files empty, all gone with all my work. I had one of the worst days in my career, had to start over many projects and had to delay deadlines. Eventually my files came back but without folders, hundreds of files mixed in the root folder.

From that day I only used it for sharing files, until even that wasn't possible, the day you can run it like Dropbox (I never had a single problem there) it will be great. Until that day come I'll stay away from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always get this problem, and I've emailed customer service and they always insist it is user error/firewall issue, which is very frustrating.  It seems pretty clear that it's a problem on the adobe end.  I noticed it after an update.  I too had the "unknown" folder, but was able to fix that issue - after nearly having a heart attack thinking I lost everything.  One thing that works sometimes, is generating a link, and then testing the link before sending it to someone.  Keep generating links until it generates one that works, and then it is usually pretty stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it has been working well since sometime after the last update. I used CC to send large files for printing of a calendar I've recently finished. No complaints from the printing house this time. They just downloaded it without a problem.

In my opinion, CC is not very stable, not yet in any case, but I suspect that, in my case, it could also be that my clients are unwilling to try a service they don't know, especially one that looks and behaves a bit differently that what they're used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm beginning to loose faith here...

A link I sent today no longer works (as in my title).

When I tried to access the link I got a message there's a problem and that I need to delete it.

So I did, and when I tried to create it once again I found out the 'Create public link' button no longer works.

Adobe, I guess you'll be finding me in the Dropbox zone for now.

I might give CC file sharing a go in, say, six months or so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the folder link now is working again but the download won't work. If you hit at Download and chose a format you will be redirected to that URL:

https://scproxy-prod.adobecc.com/download?resource=https%3A%2F%2Fcc-eu1-prod.adobesc.com%2Fapi%2Fv1%...

with nor result. White screen, no file.

I never thought, that this company is not able to solve such problems. I used the cloud as a serious part, better than other file sharer. I'm wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@detlefk - Please share the folder link with me in a forum Private Message. We will investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken G. Rice, nice to know you've given up on me without even trying to set things straight.

The link I couldn't reactivate seems to be working fine now, but this, for me, is not good enough.

I need a service I can rely on when I send or collaborate files.

A link that its availability is random is just not good enough.

I must say I thought like detlefk that Adobe is a company that would handle such a service much better.

I can define my CC experience in a single word - disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@egeller7 - No one has given up on you. We understand that from your perspective Send Link was not working, but both times it was a different error that we quickly fixed.

The issue detlefk is experiencing is different. detlefk posted the link of a page you normally do not see in a browser since usually the file just downloads (but one can customize how their browser handles file downloads). We can see the metadata for both the file and the folder it is in, but neither the folder or the file are shared according to our metadata. detlefk has not yet responded to us with this link so currently the investigation is paused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as in the other thread: Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines