• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] How do I remove the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder from my PC?

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used Creative Cloud's storage, and probably never will. I have no files in the folder, and it is thus, irrelevant.

It appeared 2 days ago in file explorer, under /C:/users/ME... and it added a shortcut to itself in the favourites section in file explorer.

I deleted the favourite, and the folder, but the next day, when I turned on my laptop, both had appeared again.

Same thing again today.

Is there a way to permanently remove the folder, or at least stop the favourites shortcut from re-appearing?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Ben, please turn off the file sync and delete the folder.

Turn off sync:

1. Launch Creative cloud > Preference > Creative Cloud > Files.
  2. Turn off sync.

Delete the folder.

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Based on customer feedback Adobe engineering has created a registry entry which can be set to either show or hide this Creative Cloud Files shortcut and is unaffected by Creative Cloud app updates. Please see this article for more details: Remove Creative Cloud Files folder shortcut from the Navigation panel | Windows 

Some users reported that the linked registry file from the help article no longer worked on Windows 10. If you encounter this issue please also trying signing out and back into

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 159 Replies 159
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got to love how the first response by Adobe is DEAD WRONG and has NEVER WORKED.  They're like Microsoft.  Can you type?  YOU GOT A JOB ANSWERING SUPPORT QUESTIONS.  No, you don't have to be accurate.  In fact, the more confusion you cause, the greater your year end bonus.  You'll go from a quarter to a WHOLE dollar! 

I've been using the solution at the link below for years and it works (at least until the next Creative Cloud Update).  It's the best solution so far that I've found.  Don't trust @Adobe to offer a decent solution.  All their solutions try and keep them in control.  They can easily modify their software to ignore their own registry keys and from some responses it appears they may already have.

Everyone knows Adobe only pretends to listen to their users.

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/remove-creative-cloud-files-file-explorer-sidebar/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess I'm totally out of luck. This solution sadly doesn't work for me. I followed it to the letter on the newest everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirming that Adobe's "official" fix that is pinned DOES NOT work, and that the link that BJM_III posted DOES work. At least update the pinned answer with the correct method, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This discussion is from 2015.  A lot of things have changed in 5 years. This isn't even the same Desktop App.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exists in the 2020 version, the official article (posted from mid 2019 and not referring to a specific version) is still up as the nonworking solution, and BJM's link still does work. That's all I'm saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IKR, and you guys wanna hear something funny?

Adobe tests doubling the price of its Lightroom and Photoshop plan - The Verge

Bad customer support, bad at gathering feedback, their software are full of bloatware and lags everywhere, and they want to raise prices! In what world does this make sense? We're paying more for a product that has becoming worse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2019 and I still had to resort to a registry hack to get rid of the folder on the sidebar. The Subscription model has made it to where no matter what we want (I'm still using 2014 products because the new changes suck on almost everything) we still have to pay for garbage we don't. I had to find an alternative to acrobat because it keeps installing plugins that I will NEVER use into Outlook. Now they are removing features and even removing out ability to use older versions of their products. The subscription model is a scam and if I had a choice, I would dump adobe in a heartbeat, but unfortunately, they have the market cornered on a lot of things and there are no viable or compatible alternatives.

Adobe, how does it feel to know that most of your users hate you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still hasn't been fixed. I don't use Creative Cloud File Sync, I don't want the folder, I don't want it continually reappearing every time I edit the registry key, and I don't want to change permissions on the registry key because it will most certainly cause issues in the future when updates are released.

Adobe, pull your finger out and add a simple check box to remove the useless navigation pane icon -- there is a loud and consistent consensus that people don't want it. Stop treating your paying customers like children.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this issue is not resolved. Even patching the registry is not fixing this.

Why can´t Adobe just add a simple CHECKBOX to the settings of the cloud-app to disable this feature, so many customers (that pay for your software) are requesting for FIVE years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe product engineers rarely if ever visit these public user-to-user forums.   If you want to get Adobe's ear, submit a bug/feature request where the concerned product teams will see it.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines