• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost files after update cc

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my cloud files are missing after last update and synchronisation. Suggestions please!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

I had the same issue. Did you change the default location of your files from where CC originally placed them on your hard drive? I did - but this latest update reset my location from the location I had specified back to the default location. If this is what happened to you, you'll need to go into the settings tab on CC and change it back to where your files are. Then cc has to re-sync everything, unfortunately. It took me several hours on both of my computers to fix this. I hope Adobe fixes this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Did you change the default location of your files from where CC originally placed them on your hard drive? I did - but this latest update reset my location from the location I had specified back to the default location. If this is what happened to you, you'll need to go into the settings tab on CC and change it back to where your files are. Then cc has to re-sync everything, unfortunately. It took me several hours on both of my computers to fix this. I hope Adobe fixes this bug - so that those of us who have specified our own hard drive location for files don't need to go through this on every update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience (check my thread). My guess is when the update reset my prefs to the default (empty) folder it interpreted that as if I deleted all my files. Your files are still in your "archive" which you can access on the web. Try restoring from there. Will need to resync if CC didn't move your files over to the default directory.

I had to restore my files from my own backups because this CC sync snafu (at my first and then again at my second worksite computers) has made such a mess of my files. If you don't already have one, make a backup of your CC folder.

After CC Update - File Sync Folder Reverts to Default Location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved. Thanks you guys! CC created a new empty folder and renamed the original folder (added my log-in/ email adress ). Had to go up one level and found both folders in the root. Creative indeed, hope they fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines