• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac storage and the Creative Cloud files

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, i have a question about the Creative Cloud Files storage.

Why my Mac considering the Creative Cloud Files folder as a classic folder using my mac storage?

Let my explain, I was looking for a solution to save space on my mac and use a cloud service to save my works. I try the creative cloud files.

I put 122GB of my work in the Creative Cloud files folder, (from my finder) but the problem its the folder still considered as a folder on my mac, which still uses 122GB of my storage.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of the Creative Cloud files?

Hoping my question is clear

Thank you community

Raf

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RafNord,

Creative Cloud storage is NOT a replacement for hard drive space.  Creative Cloud is not a dedicated cloud backup service like Dropbox or Google drive. 

The Creative Cloud Files folder on your hard drive is a synced repository for files you wish to share  -- with colleagues or other devices.  Suggest you move synced Creative Cloud Files folder to another disk drive or if you can, get a bigger primary hard disk.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, thank a lot...

Honestly I did not understand that...

Have a good day ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three main types of Cloud file access for end users.

1. Special apps to send files and get them back. Like old-fashioned FTP client, or an app which quietly puts info on the cloud.

2. Mapped network files. A drive letter or folder is actually files on the cloud, just like sharing with a local file server.

3. Synchronized folders. A folder on your computer is automatically kept the same as a folder on the cloud server. The files are in 2 places. (This is not a backup solution!)

Creative Cloud, used in this way, is type 3.

But -- anyway -- before thinking about using any cloud for storage -- you need to first think about backups. Some people read the word "Cloud", think of the phrase "Cloud backup" they read somewhere, and think then that putting stuff in the cloud means they never need to think about backups again. This is a disaster waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thank you !

Indeed I am ok with you on the fact of not using the cloud as storage. Our remote server is down, I was looking for a backup solution while waiting. We work as a team and the creative Cloud seemed interesting to save and share our current projects... 

But in understand, thank you

Have a nice day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines