• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Malware Scam "OSX.Silver Sparrow" Creative Cloud Pop-Up Window

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turned on my iMac this morning a dialog box popped up saying Creative Cloud was having issues and I needed to enter my password to fix it. I did so and no action/fix took place. So I tried again and it still didn't work.

My computer loaded oddly and my Safari windows wouldn't load fully. So I ran my "Malwarebytes" program and it found and isolated one threat called "OSX.SilverSparrow" and I gave permission to delete it from quarantine.

I then turned my computer completely off and back on. The Creative Cloud pop-up did NOT return so I am fairly certain this was the guise they used. I changed my computer password. Any other suggestions? 

Thank you for the assistance.

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

It is a well known Trojan:

https://www.google.com/search?.SilverSparrow

I've edited your original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to edit my post. Wanted to say the image I attached is a snapshot of what my Malware Threats program found and that I accidentally put a space in the file it found. It was OSX.SilverSparrow (not OSX.Silver Sparrow). No space between Silver and Sparrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a well known Trojan:

https://www.google.com/search?.SilverSparrow

I've edited your original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remediation

Malwarebytes for Mac will detect and remove the components of this malware.

Download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.

Click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan.

If threats are detected during the scan, a count of detected threats is displayed. More detailed threat information is displayed after the scan completes.

Click “Confirm” to move the detected threats to Quarantaine.

If a restart is required to complete remediation of threats detected during a scan, you will be notified. When a restart is required, please remember to save all work before clicking “Restart”.

from here:

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/osx-silversparrow/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Peru Bob. I did the Malwarebytes scan and it did remove the Trojan. I apprecaite the support. Honestly, I was afraid to Google it myself because I didn't know what page was safe to read about it. I am submitting my experience to Red Canary since they asked to hear from anyone who has exeperienced an issue. Much appreciation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines