• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing files in the cloud.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to try this new version of Lightroom, however after uploading my previous Lightroom files I have run out of space and I am not willing to start spending the money for this until I have made the decision to use it. How can I "REMOVE" files from the cloud so that I can start fresh and see how this works?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

MVyrros,

For the Lightroom storage you might try this:

Go to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and sign in with the Adobe ID you use in Lightroom

From there click the Lightroom symbol in the top left corner of the page and select Account Info, within account info should be an option to delete your Lightroom Library. I think this would reset your storage use.

Lightroom_storage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MVyrros,

Where are you seeing that you have ran out of space? Space used by Lightroom is separate from Creative Cloud storage. For Creative Cloud storage you might try emptying your archive as described here: Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that I uploaded a few thousand images to the Lightroom cloud and have no more space available there. I would like to remove most of them to allow me to do a trial run of this new software. Unfortunately the link you sent me indicates specific links to specific questions, however these links are broken. As an example this link takes you to a page error 404:

https://www.adobe.com/content/help/en/lightroom-cc/using/organize-photos.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MVyrros,

For the Lightroom storage you might try this:

Go to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and sign in with the Adobe ID you use in Lightroom

From there click the Lightroom symbol in the top left corner of the page and select Account Info, within account info should be an option to delete your Lightroom Library. I think this would reset your storage use.

Lightroom_storage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

David,

Thank you for this resolution. I'm not sure if you work for Adobe, or are part of the development team, but if you are here are some thoughts.

For Adobe Lightroom CC to be a useful software for me, this control feature needs to be expanded. As with any other "cloud" storage service the owner must be able to not only add files but manage the files such as deleting unwanted files. This needs to be available as a function to not just delete the entire library, but to view, select, and delete specific images.

Now you might respond that the owner just needs to "not upload" images he doesn't want saved, but that defeats the sorting and selection capabilities that many of us use Lightroom for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines