Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing cloud files on computer

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can anyone help me out here? I placed some files on the cloud but since yesterday I can't see them anymore on my computer. When I go online I can still see them but I have no clue to fix this and to get all the files back on my computer (besides download them all).

Anyone have a clue?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So you uploaded some files via the Creative Cloud desktop application and the files uploaded, you were then able to see these files on the Creative Cloud website?

But yesterday, these files are no longer in your Creative Cloud folder on your computer, but are still on the Creative Cloud website?

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have recently had a similar problem I had created something in Creative Cloud using  PS then saved it to my document file on my computer then shut down PS and creative cloud - went back to my document file  and the whole files are not in there, everything that I had created since having CC. The files that i had saved for the last year are all gone, and a  message comes up  saying that a short cut has been created, changed or moved and will no longer work properly and the files are now gone. I have taken pc to the recovery mechanics and they can't even find them.

Can anyone give advise on how to find them or recover them as Im a graphics student and need these works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry you are having issues.

Can you provide a screen shot of the msg displayed?, this sounds like your Creative Cloud folder has been deleted for some reason. You know that your files can be recovered by visiting creative.adobe.com and looking in the Archive section?. I would find out what issues your desktop computer has before restoring your files however.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for the reply.

No alas,  I didn't take a screen shot /photo of the message that 1st came up. the pc is at the shop to try and recover any files but they are having trouble also recovering any.

When I have the pc back i will try the Archives but I am unsure if they will be in the archives, as I was saving the work in a document file based in my library on the desktop.

When I closed the Photoshop program down in CC and went back to the document folder all - I mean all- the work Id ever saved in the folder was missing with the message saying (The item jpg that this shortcut has been changed or moved it will no longer work properly).

I then tried all sorts to find it and have a screen shot of recent items -  appdata> roaming> microsoft >windows >recent items and now the shortcut files say they are in

Ti80135500G(c:)

don't know if any of this information helps, but hope so.

When Pc is back i will follow up the archives if you think they will still be there.

Thanks again for the information

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The information your providing leads me to think you were not saving your files directly into the Creative Cloud folder? is this correct?.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for the reply

No i hadn't saved the work to the folder within the creative cloud folder, it was a document folder on the pc i was using.

Would it have been better to save them in both places and back up the files separately also?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order to use Creative Cloud you have to save the documents within the Creative Cloud folder created after installing. We are unable to support you with issue that you have if your not using the Creative Cloud folder for file sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines