• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Files?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been syncing our files via the creative cloud for weeks and we came in this morning and everything we had been working on in two different folders on the creative cloud is gone. Need immediate assistance!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Hi Lindsay,

Please check if the files and their folders were incorrectly moved to the trash/recycle bin on any of the computers which were syncing them. Also, please check the online recycle bin to see if they were moved there https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive

If you're still unable to locate the files please reply back,

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsay,

Please check if the files and their folders were incorrectly moved to the trash/recycle bin on any of the computers which were syncing them. Also, please check the online recycle bin to see if they were moved there https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive

If you're still unable to locate the files please reply back,

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you so much. Yes, everything is in our recycle bin! But, how would that have happened?? And, we see it in all of our trash bins on three different computers and normally if one person trashes something it would be in their trash bin not on other computer's trash bin, right?

What can we do differently so this doesn't happen?

Thanks,

Lindsay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsay,

I've seen a few other recent reports of this and am currently working with our engineering department to better understand why this occurs. If you have the time to collect logs and provide information about your environment I'll pass the info on to help with the investigation. This would be what we need.

Please run the log collector shortly after the issue occurs on any machines which were affected

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

After you run it, it will create a .zip file on your desktop of all of the log files from your system. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and select the message option.

Engineering may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Please also send these to me as a direct message for privacy

• List of Adobe ID's from all affected workstations
  • Were the files which were moved to the trash/archive part of a collaboration?
  • What was the operating system's for the workstations which were affected?
  • Did all affected have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed?
  • Did the issue seem to be triggered by one the collaborators systems going into a sleep state?
  • Were any of the affected systems behind a firewall or proxy server?
  • What's the internet speed used for the affected workstations?
  • Timezone and locations of affected workstations
  • Was there any kind of error message at the time the issue occurred?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help and good to know.

Yes, let me put together those items and get back to you.

Is there another place I should reach you or how can I send you all that information?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines