• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing XD file in creative cloud folder

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently logged on to see one of the files I have been working on recently is missing from the creative cloud folder and its not in the deleted (Cloud or desktop).

You can still see the published link of the prototype (have attached a screenshot of this) but the original XD file is nowhere to be found.

Does adobe make a backup of synced cloud files somewhere on the computer and, if so, where can I access them?

This is for a high profile client with tight deadlines and I dont want to recreate the design again.

Many thanks in advance

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc files are sync'd with the local folder designated in your cc app (files>preferences>syncing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

Thanks for the response.

I just followed my file path and unfortunately there is nothing in the synced folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the files are stored on adobe's server's and your sync'd computers/devices.  if you've checked them all and the files are on none, they're gone unless you try some recovery of local files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that sucks, I'm going to have to do it from scratch then.

Is this a known thing to happen? seems like quite a big flaw in a system that relies on you storing your important files online, only for them to disappear.

Been looking around and it seems like this has been going on since 2015 for a fair few people.

I'll just back everything up doubly from now on, which is a pain as the whole point of cloud storage for me was to free up memory on PC, but i guess its my own fault for putting too much faith an online storage sytem.

Thanks for your help though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

check this to make sure you completely checked adobe's storage, Versioning FAQ (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines