Highlighted

MP4 file on my local drive in my CC files folder does not play in Cloud after syncing

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two MP4 files in my Creative Cloud Files folder on my local D drive and after syncing it doesn't play it just shows a still image and says OCTET after the file name.

What does this mean? The other MP4 file plays fine. I have uploaded it twice with the same result.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MP4 file on my local drive in my CC files folder does not play in Cloud after syncing

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two MP4 files in my Creative Cloud Files folder on my local D drive and after syncing it doesn't play it just shows a still image and says OCTET after the file name.

What does this mean? The other MP4 file plays fine. I have uploaded it twice with the same result.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is your file?

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MP4 file is 3 gig

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me.  I rendered an h264 .mp4, like many times before... on the cloud it shows as octet and won't play or download.

This is not the first time I have had issues with accessing files in the cloud... the previous token issue persisted on and off for months.... getting tired of having to pay for a dropbox account because this is just not reliable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may well be that the magic limit is 2Gb.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but my file is 100 mb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that the files needs to be under 100 mb in size in order to be recognized as MP4 instead of OCTET. I reencoded the file to be 88 mb and now it works in CC files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an absolute joke adobe.
I can't replace the file because it isn't an OCTET file. WTF is that?
I'm so sick of these sorts of things happening. These files don't even load smoothly for playback for clients.
I can't replace the file with an H.264 file even though that's how the original file was uploaded.
Come on!!! It's 2020. Get it together!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue every 1 in 10 files or so.

(file uploads, the movie won't play, it can be downloaded tho)

It's really anoying.

A solution would be nice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines