• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My company is buying me a plan that I'll use on my personal computer, any privacy issues?

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been using Creative Cloud for some years now but I've been using my own account and paying it myself, even when I was working for any company, but my current company has offered me a new Adobe account that I will be using but they'll be paying for, but I'll still be using it on my personal laptop which I use for work and for everything else (personal projects, etc.), and the same Adobe account that I'll be using will be used by another coworker too.

So my question is, could my company or my coworker see/use whatever file I create/edit on Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same Adobe account that I'll be using will be used by another coworker too.

By @areng73020339

That violates the terms of use.

Each user needs their own license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I didn't know that... I'll tell them then, I'm pretty sure they didn't know either

But even then, they'll have access to that account, my question still remains, will they have access to the files I create/edit while using on my personal computer the account that they'll provide me? Are there any other privacy issue regarding that situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @areng73020339,

Your employer should purchase a TEAMS plan with one seat for each employee.  Team plan members enjoy other perks that individual users don't get. 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams.html

But keep in mind that anything you create with your employer's account is technically owned by your employer.  When you eventually leave the firm, you can't take that with you.  

Ideally, you should use a separate computer for work and keep your personal account and projects on a separate device.  Co-mingling work and personal assets could become a problem for you later.

As to privacy, that begins at your end with good anti-virus and anti-spyware software.  Any files you save to your employer's Creative Cloud Files folder will be synced to the employer's cloud storage for sharing with co-workers and team members.  But nobody should have direct access to any files on your computer.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I just have one more question: is the "saving to my employer's Creative Cloud Files Folder" enabled by default? I mean, when they give me that new account, are the new files I create and save using Photoshop (for example) going to be visible by default by my employer even if I save them in my usual personal folders inside my PC? Are they going to appear anywhere that's visible to them, even if it's thumbnails? Like, is there some setting I should deactivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall personal Creative Cloud with the Adobe Cleaner tool.  Restart your computer.

Install the software package that your employer's IT dept admin creates for you.

Log-in to CC desktop app with the ID & password your employer's IT dept tells you to use.

Only files which are saved to the Creative Cloud Files folder on your HD will be synced to your employer's Cloud Storage account. You are NOT required to save files to the CC Files folder. Use File > SaveAs to store in another location.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines