• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My deleted files don't show up in Archive

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I archived a lot of files. They disappear from my folder view but when i go to Archive it is blank. No matter what I do it says my 20 gb is full but I know i only have 5 gig up on cc. The problem is since they don't appear in the "archive" i cannnot permanently delete them. Any suggestions on what do do? Thanks

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this related to an adobe product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh sorry. This is just for adobe creative cloud, the folders/files there. I'm trying to delete files up there so i archive them and they disappear from my folders view but they DO NOT show up in "archive". I read online that to permanently delete files from cc you have to archive them then delete them. The problem is not matter how many files i "archive", they never appear in the "archive" folder. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you signed up for early access to sync files using your cc desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, what is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should assume that i cannot see your computer and i do not know what files/folders you are addressing.  then explain exactly what you are doing and what you hope to achieve.  you may find it helpful to attach screenshots of what you see to aid your description, http://forums.adobe.com/message/4209263#4209263

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I choose a file in creative cloud - DroidSerif-Bold. (pic1)

2) I click on "archive" and it disappears from fonts folder as expected (pic2)

3) But when i click on the archive icon next to the View button, the archive file DroidSerif-Bold is not in there. It is empty (pic3) and says you have no archived files

CC1.jpg

CC2.jpg

CC3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know why that's happening.  but from a quick test of that cc feature, it didn't work correctly for me, either (though i saw a different problem).

i would recommend using another file server to store your files.  it may take adobe some time to work all the problems out of their cc file storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the File and Font sync early access forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@joan900 - The Archive has been emptied for your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines