• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Network admin account on OSX creates issues

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the IT admin at my work and I am tasked with installing Adobe CC on all the computers here.  Everything works flawlessly for everyone, PC and Mac, except my personal Mac.

Using the CC panel I can't install or update any apps without it hanging at 90%.  If it's the first time installing the app (such as Photoshop or Illustrator) I can force quit it and the app will be installed, but without any updates and I can't update it.  If I try updating, it simply hangs.  The other issue is the Creative Cloud Files will replicate infinitely (see attached).

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 11.46.09 AM.png

I have two user accounts on my mac, both have admin/sudo privileges.  Let's call them Adam and Steve.  Steve is the account created when the Mac was first setup, it's a normal administrator account that most users who have a mac would have.  Adam was created after adding the computer to the company domain and using network credentials to login to the computer.  A local account for Adam was created, then I went back in and adjusted that account to have the same administrator rights as Steve.  Since I get special network privileges with Adam, this is the only account I ever use.

If I login with Steve to install or update anything in the Creative Cloud window I have no problems.  It works as Adobe intends it too.  Using Adam and I have all of these problems.  I never get any permission errors, it just hangs the installs and replicates the cloud storage (I could say like a computer virus, except it's very visible).  If I'm logged in on Adam and click update it will prompt for a user name and password.  If I type in the credentials for Steve it still misbehaves.  I have to switch accounts completely in order for it to work.

I have used the CC cleaner found here and uninstalled everything.  Deleted any related Library and Application Support files.  Used a third-party app called Appcleaner. 

I haven't been successful at all unless I switch accounts, and then everything works flawlessly.  I'm able to use the software for now, but given the number of apps I have installed and how often updates are released it's rather annoying switching accounts and not being able to do any work while it installs in the background because all my files are on the other account.  I can't even play music because my iTunes library is on the other account.

Am I overlooking something?  I can't even find anyone with similar problems online.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Regarding to the issue that Creative Cloud Files will replicate infinitely, may I enquire that which version of Creative Cloud you are using? And if you were not using latest Creative Cloud 2.1.1.110, Could you please upgrade to the latest version? We had a user who had the similar issue with you because that user used the old version of Creative Cloud, and after that user upgraded to the latest Creative Cloud version,there is no issue of replicated Creative Cloud Files.

Thanks

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the version I have been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Could you please send us your logs for further investigation? Please zip the CoreSync folder and send it to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com .

Mac:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later. This document explains how to show that folder:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default. This document explains how to show that folder:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

And also please provide the information as below:

Adobe ID:
Forum post link:
Creative Cloud Desktop Version:
What Operating systems are you using:
Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
Using a proxy (Y/N):
Firewall (Corporate/Local):
Timezone of your computer:
How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:

Thanks.

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Including instructions for Windows on a post with OSX in the title doesn't reinforce my confidence in your attention.  I've also said that I've deleted those folders in an attempt to create a fresh install.

I zipped what is there and emailed it, but doubt it's helpful since I've been deleting those files and now have disabled the sync utility to resolve the replication 'feature'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines