• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Creative Cloud Icons

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just can't do it, Adobe.  I just can't.  I've read up on the updates Adobe intends to implement on this newest arrival, and am a little astonished at the design.  I'd ask for an amen from the community, but I already know I'm very far from being alone.  The design fully undermines the overall aesthetic Adobe has cultivated over the past two decades.  It's not just that Adobe has decided to "stir it up."  No, no.  In the name of conceptual experimentation, Adobe has failed to consider the truth about the creative mind.  Creative minds are - more often than not - complex, abstract, and chaotic fields of information.  The mere substance that makes a creative successful is an explosive concentration of unavoidable manic moments.  It's not unlike dynamite, where unless you strategically focus your intent, the results can be personally devastating.  That is the mind of the consumer Adobe has successfully catered to for two generations.  And now what?  Dispose of us?  It's moronic; probably insane.  In case you don't know what I'm talking about, you should read up on what Adobe's new "iconic" concept is.  It's ridiculous.  Or read this article: https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/adobe-change-creative-cloud-app-icons-colors/?utm_source=RocketStoc....  I found it informative.

The worst part for me is that Adobe continues to make updates which don't address the most frustrating flaws within it's core products.  For me, namely, its the products concerning what Adobe categorizes as Video & Motion that are most troublesome.  There are so many flaws that hinder the monetary productivity of my business.  Bottom line for me is I can't implement this newest update.  Perhaps the icon design experiment is the catalyst, but the overall failure to resolve the pre-existing conditions of an already troublesome workflow is certainly the reason.  It's certainly the reason I have to consider Final Cut my primary NLE going forward.  You hurt my feelings, Adobe.  You hurt my feelings, and knowing you, I won't receive a worthy apology.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't have the same issue but i wanted to say that the icons are porly drafted. in the small versions the type seems really off-center. in the bigger versions it looks better but still off. i don't know what intern decided it was a good idea to leave more space below the type than above. but it doesn't look like it was made by a professional. 

the app icons on Mac Os are even worse as the whole icon is not centered vertically within it's transparent background. This is really obvious when you view the icons in the quick app switcher. The adobe icons stick up above all other icons. It is very sloppy for a company that focuses on design. whoever is in charge of the branding should be replaced. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines