• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Creative Cloud update interface

Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really tried to decipher this from posts and the Adobe FAQ.  However I am still not sure.  I had finally gotten used to decoding the old creative cloud update menu, looking at "other versions" deciphering what number was really a "new version" and not an update of an old version I am keeping for compatibility purposes and did NOT want to update.

Now I am presented with the new (for me) interface.

Can you please confirm the following.  Under "updates", even though I do not have any "cloud based" versions of photoshop or premiere pro....or anything installed on this window computer, it presents them and I believe the made the colors different (I guess I need to memorize the colors) and if you look real close, there are rounded corners.  Do I have this correct?

Further, if all I want is the most current version of Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Lightroom classic (not updates to old versions I have installed) what do I click on? 

For example Premiere Pro (dark purple/blue with round corners) version 14.2 says "update available".  I am running the desktop version of square icon old school color light purple  Premiere Pro version 14.  Is this the update for that?  It is also presenting an update to my old versions of Premiere Pro version 13 which I understand.

Photoshop shows version V21.2 on the update page and at least that says "new release" so I think that is what I want for Photoshop.  HOwever on the all apps page, Photoshop just says "update available" with no version number. No idea if that is for the newest version or an old version I have out there.

Why can't Adobe just say "here is the most recent versions of the desktop programs you have installed. Ignore these, they do not apply".

BJBBJB1

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe's branding identity (crisis). New logo and icon colors.

https://petapixel.com/2020/06/01/adobe-releases-new-photoshop-logo-as-part-of-evolving-band-identity...

In Creative Cloud Desktop app, mouse over the Photoshop name and you should see a tooltip advising which release version and incremental update it is. 

A major release version would be 20 or 21.  An incremental update (dot release) would be 20.0.9 or 21.2.  

Feedback so far on the latest Photoshop release 21.2 has not been generally positive. Lots of complaints about it.  So I'm intentionally not upgrading & staying on version 20.0.4.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines