Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Configs Folder in OOBE - You don't have access to manage apps

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a common issue which everybody is getting along with. And I found a solution but when I follow direction to locate ServiceConfig.xml file but there is no Configs folder in OOBE folder.

The URL everybody discussed is:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml

I use personal laptop,  macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

exit the cc app and rename the oobe folder (eg, $oobe).

open the cc app and sign in.  that should recreate the oobe folder, files and subfolders.

p.s. you need to enable viewing hidden files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exit the cc app and rename the oobe folder (eg, $oobe).

open the cc app and sign in.  that should recreate the oobe folder, files and subfolders.

p.s. you need to enable viewing hidden files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

This still isn't working for me. Is it possible to share your OOBE folder with the config file and we can copy it? I've tried every option out there and there is no config file. Just prefs.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't really make sense.  here is a screenshot of my oobe folder which indicates why that's the case:

kglad_0-1643672125022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad. I don't see the config folder in your screenshot. I was asking to share the actual files that we could

downlod and copy to our hard drive. People that are having this issue with the missing configs folder are 100% unable to do anything to get the CC app to correctly install with the folder and xml file. Does that make sense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. there isn't a config file/folder. it's possible there was in past versions of cc.

2. it makes no sense to share someone else's oobe folder because it contains personalized data (including the users login info, opm.db).

3.  if something were missing, the directions above would restore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I didn't realize there was personal information. Unfortunately the directions above or any other directions for that matter do not resolve the issue. Adobe support has tried that resolution on my computer to no avail. The seach continues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what problem are you seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app tab to install the apps in CC, it's grayed out. The error says" You don't have access to manage the apps." And to contact my system administrator, but this is a personal laptop. I've installed CC on three other computers and it has worked correct. I even uninstalled it on one of them thinking the triple installs was the issue, but it didn't help.

All the help threads tell me to open the ServiceConfig.xml file with TextEdit but there's no ServiceConfig.xml file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.
update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just tried your method without managing to make it work. I followed your guidelines (de-installing everything related to Adobe on my computer) but I ended up with the same message "You don't have access to manage apps". I subscribed to a student plan, so maybe I need a permission from the IT administrator ? I'm not sure what I should do. I tried each of the propositions on this page several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you subscribe via a plan administered by your school?  if so, you need to contact the school's IT admin.

otherwise, have you ever had such a plan or a team or an enterprise subscription on the problematic computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me having the same issue on mac. I've tried everything what you have recommended above. I am an individual subscriber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marton Draviczki exactly what problem are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start creative cloud at the apps tab it says: You don't have access to manage apps. I don't have Config folder in OOBE. I tried everything (renaming OOBE, uninstalled everything and used cc cleaner, refreshed and restarted my computer) and reinstalled CC and I still don't have the Configs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marton Draviczki do you have an individual subscription or a student/teacher subscription?

if you have a student/teacher subscription, do you manage the plan or does your school manage the plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad I have an individual subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.  let's remove the licensing from your computer that's making the cc app think you have a different license.

to do that, follow these steps - 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html

if that appears to fail, restart your computer and open the cc apps tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad still don't have 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marton Draviczki ,

reset the cc desktop app: make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step. don't skip steps (unless they cannot be applied -eg, you have a mac so the ms c++ stuff doesn't apply), and follow them slowly and carefully.

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get yours to work? I have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jana26623719ix2q , follow the steps above 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes, I think I need the school's IT admin but they refused to give it to me. I used to have a trial version on the very same computer, a long time ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines