• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Node.JS cause extreme latency and slowly internet

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few weeks ago I've been complaining to my ISP about my internet being slow. With high latency and very low speed.

We did several procedures and when I started testing the office machine I saw that it was something in it. Investigating further, I discovered that the problem is in the "Node.js: Server-side JavaScript (32-bit)" process.

I initially detected the problem only with DreamWeaver CC, so searching the subject on the internet, I saw some people saying to rename the file "node.exe" that runs the process so that it stops at once.

When doing the rename procedure (node.exe.bkp for example), it worked, the internet has returned to normal even with the softwares open. However, at some point I needed the Creative Cloud Library in Adobe Photoshop CC and I saw that the Library in all software did not conect anymore. It was not difficult to connect one thing to another.

Well, I had to rename the file "node.exe.bkp" again to "node.exe" and it all worked again, except my internet, which has the same problem quoted at the beginning of the text. I need a solution for this Adobe.

Have two workstations onf my office and only one have problem when oppen some CC software.

Sou CEO da ZeroArts. E atuo como Publicitário / Designer Gráfico -> diegotillmann.com.br/links
TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you disable file sync'ing and/or font sync'ing that should stop node.js

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the heart of the problem is that about 20 days ago this did not happen.

And another...

Where I find these options? In a specific software? Like a Photoshop?

Sou CEO da ZeroArts. E atuo como Publicitário / Designer Gráfico -> diegotillmann.com.br/links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the options are in the cc desktop app.

the problem is probably because something is trying to sync and is unable.  sync therefore continues to run trying to do something that's not possible because of a configuration problem or permissions problem or something else (like a firewall, av etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the option in CC APP may even resolve the problem (I dont test this), but I need it for the work all day. Therefore it is not a definitive solution.

About some software blocking, I verify firewall and antivirus (Norton) and nothing about it was detected. Again, it is worth noting that it does not make sense, because some days ago the problem did not exist.

Tired of two weeks into this problem, I decided to do a complete restore of my Win10X64 system from zero.

I'll monitor. If this happens again, I'll report back here in this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it makes sense to me because the problem does not normally occur.  something has to happen to cause sync to try and upload/download something and fail, so it repeatedly tries.  that stuffs your internet connection.

you might be able to do some network sniffing to see what it's trying to update though now that you've repaired everything the problem should be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I say, I am understanding your instructions and your point. But I think this is not a definitive solution because days ago the problem dont exist. Maybe a bug in some update or something like this.

What ever, I think now is ok. My connection is good with normal latency and speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines