Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not possible to edit asset added from XD on CC Libraries

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

Not sure if it is a bug or a "feature". I am relying on CC Libraries for most of the my work and I am facing a blocker that is intriguing me. Here my use case:

1. Create vector assets on Illustrator and add into the CC Library

2. Build the layouts on XD using the assets from CC Library

3. Add created layout to the CC Library from XD

4. Post production of layouts on Photoshop

5. Add composed images into the same/new shared CC library

The workflow works fine. However it is not possible to edit the layout created on step 3 - neither from Illustrator or XD - forcing me to create a new asset and manually replacing the old layout on Photoshop.

It seems that, on a CC Library, an asset created on XD is not able to be edited anymore - see attached pictures.

I've tried to work around by replacing the CC Library to "XD Library" but then it is not possible to add assets from Illustrator or Photoshop.

Is there something I am missing?

TOPICS
Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does anyone have any comment on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I've been looking into how CC Libraries could help me lay out our style guide and centralize all our assets (colors, fonts, shape langage) and then design atoms and molecules, but this is a major issue for me.

If I author a asset in Illustrator or Photoshop, thejn I can use it in XD, but I cannot apply stroke or fills to it which renders it useless or forces me to create so many variations instead of managing it in XD. 

XD vector shapes can be styles, but then they cannot be edited ever again after being added to the CC library and further more, instances are not treated as such, each instance placed is treated as a stand-alone asset so there is not more centralization and rapid update of the instances by editing the source.

Then, one could imagine making a component with the basic texture os the reis an editable source for it, but those assets cannot be added to the CC library as anything else than a Graphic that loses all editing possiblities and any link with the assets in XD. This means I cannot use those assets in XD but also in Ilustrator and Photoshop while ensuring isntances update to reflect any changes at the source.

This is  amajor issue. Wihtout this problem, CC library would allow me to centralize all the assets to have a single source of truth across all conception and production tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines