• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output Designer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for information on the applicaiton Output Designer, Information like is it still supported? If not what was the EOL date? are there any alternative products users can switch to since this is going away?

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link which was emailed to me showed things for versions 5.x, x being low numbers 1,2,3, and 4. The last version we have is 5.7. anyone else know if the product Output Designer has an End of Life date?or if it is still supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This isn't just going away, it went away best part of a decade ago, I would say. I think to go back so far in history, we need to look at Wikipedia, which writes in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JetForm

Adobe marketed JetForm as Adobe Central Output Server [1], without any major changes. Adobe's successor for the "JetForm technology was released June 7, 2007, as Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite (ES)[2], part of the Adobe LiveCycle suite. The product was renamed again in April 9, 2009 to Adobe Central / Central Pro Output Server and reached its end of Extended Support on June 30, 2016."

This brings us to familiar territory. LiveCycle, which includes LiveCycle Designer, went through many releases, and at one time Designer was bundled with Acrobat. LiveCycle is now EOL. The current product is Adobe Experience Manager, which includes the current successor AEM Designer. This is (in my opinion) a heritage product because of such limited support for the forms made. Suggest reimplementing as HTML forms (a much better successor than standard PDF forms).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines