Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanently delete --> Select all?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

can't find any check box to select "Select All" on the 'Trash' folder for 'Permanently Deleting' my Creative Cloud files that I have deleted long time ago.

Hope someone knows the trick. This is pretty simple on most platforms: You delete files, they end up in the trash folder, you can select them all, and they will be permanently deleted from you.

IF this is something Adobe hasn't worked out, I hope you will! Don't wanna check my hundreds of deleted files individually...

Thanks!
-JP

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid there is no easy way to do this. See the following discussion on the feature request forum

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911356-cross-application-workflows/suggestions/40056925-bri...

Do upvote the issue, however looking at the activity on the post i am not very hopeful of it being picked for implementation anytime soon

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Shift + Click or Ctrl + Click to select multiple items?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, this would work hopefully but will not be of much help. As it would still require clicking over each file that is to be deleted, and if someone has lots and lots of files it is just not feasible to click on each of them

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unbelievable! Seems intentional. Or a very bad joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a total mess, I have a tons of files which I need to delete from the "Deleted" folder, it's crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they do this to encourage you to buy more storage instead f easily cleaning out what you already have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't understand why you can't click the first on the page, shift-click the last and then select delete.  what folder are you trying to empty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the web interface. You have to click the box next to every file. At least that's my understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see.  that's a problem.  post to adobe:

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post feature requests to Creative Cloud Desktop IDEAS where the concerned product engineers will see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nancy, That looks great!@ Is there a page like that for the Creative Cloud Web or Services or will putting requests on the Desktop page get the point across? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dDembicki 

it's not clear adobe communicates well internally, so posting everywhere appropriate is reasonable.

the links i gave previously are the best place to post about cc services short-comings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's my understanding that CC Desktop app and the browser-based web app are handled by the same team.

In any case, Adobe UserVoice is being phased out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad, Yep, been in there clicking and voting for the past hour. The web interface can use some work (a severe understatement). What with everything being called "cloud" and all that, it creates a certain expectation on the part of the user. So even if Adobe were to just reconfigure the naming of the various places might go a long way towards understanding what files are where and why, who you can share them with, etc. ... it took me forever to figure out that the CC folder on my local storage was not the same as the Cloud folders for storing my work, nor the same as the mobile creations folder. Quite counterintuitive. And then the CC folder stuff mysteriously disappears one day... not being able to share folders between your own account(s) and/or profiles... the whole thing is clunky and disjointed. It feels unreliable and ill-defined. Okay. I could go on but I will stop now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines